Up from the basement

Timthetoolman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys just made my way back on here from the basement, sold my 1993 IDI that i had for years loved her but bought my friends XLT Sport that I also eyed for years.

Truck was get until a month ago when I started having hot start problems, replaced the dummy plugs and STC, the STC was blown apart, glad to see the smoking gun problem.

Starts get now just has cold running issues, in the mornings she is very sluggish, gonna get a reflash thursday and see if that helps, every time I have tested the ficm it has shown 48 volts, we will se Friday morning it the flash helps.

Been running 2 stroke oil in the fuel but been out latley, saome days it seemed to help but others not.

Glad to be up here :love:

Timthetoolman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well took it in to the stealership yesterday, he cleared the two falt codes manifold pressure and low AMD no icp pressure both of which I just fixed. Laptop said no ficm or pcm
upgrades needed and it was no charge maybe I need to check ficm voltage when it gets colder out any ideas?

War Wagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could those codes have been from before you fix it or when you might have had the key on while you were fixing it?

Cold running problems could be due to an intermittently missing injector(s). Runs really sluggish, and after a little drive time; all of a sudden it comes out of it and runs great. Am I In the ball park?

War Wagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In my experience that's an injector issue. You could do a BG oil system cleaning. I've fixed cold drivability problems before with just an oil system cleaning. If that doesn't do the trick it is most likely due for injectors.