Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Bloom72

Reaction score
Hello. This turbo is on my '87 6.9 idi. I know that it is a Garrett, and that is pretty much it. Could someone identify exactly what model of turbo it is? And also, is there any other turbos that would directly bolt to this set up? Thanks.

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is a ats 093 model turbo, it's a really good turbo actually one of the better kits. It's a wastegated turbo. As long as you have at least 3 inch exhaust out and keep air filter clean it will do great. Waste gate should be adjustable to increase max boost pressure(of course to make more boost more fuel is required so you can turn the pump up s long as you have guages installed(pyro and boost) guages. Stay at or below 15psi for non studded motor/1200' and below for exhaust temps. However you can bolt a other turbos to that up pipe set up you will have to custom make exhaust and intake to adapt. R and d idi sells a " bolt on" stage 1 turbo that will go in place of your current turbo, and or typ4 on here can do a rebuild of that turbo with a 60-1 intake wheel like I have recently got(amazing performance my opinion). If it come down to it and you wish to remove that turbo for another I would be very interested in your exhaust housing off it! Lol

Bloom72

Reaction score
Thank you for your responses. The reason I am asking is because the turbo needs rebuilt. Is there someone out there that sells a good rebuild kit for this?

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Couple a members here can help you out. Russ (typ4) and Mel (Agnem) can rebuilt it for ya. Their handle is after their name. Just search for their handle and send them a message. Mel is closer to ya. He's in PA as well. Both are stand up guys and will treat you and your turbo right.

Heath

Last edited:

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Typ4 has the 60-1 intake wheel mod when he rebuilds its a good mod, conestoga has a excellent reputation and quality products and can put a wicked wheel in it upon rebuild, and r and d can do the same rebuild and wicked wheel as well or a stage 1 drop in turbo available as well

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freqencyheight

Members online