TRUCK BROKE DOWN IN THE TURN LANE, GOT IT TOW WIT STRAPS TO THE GAS STATION PARKINGLO

jordanjohngse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey guys, first sorry i feel like i keep posting problems with my truck and/or provide details on it via pictures and history but with my work in the military it makes it extremely hard, tonight on my way home i will take any pictures I and/or anyone who is viewing this recommends me to take. but intell i get pictures up heres what happen.first i bought this truck same may already know who i got it from but it was from 17 yr old kid in highschool, mechanically is tuned and on point, rebuilt IP install eletric pump, new injectors, and related fuel items via filters, and lines from his dad but where i think this truck is giving me so much problems is the kid wiring up the eletric pump, and his push start. i think the iginition cyclinder key is broke becuase how he has it you turn the key all the way foward where the starting position normally is but it stays there as you wait for wait to start light and water in fuel light to go off and you just leave it in that position then when lights go off you push the button and bam it starts. now he has the pushbutton wire to a small black relay, where a wires go to both + and - on the battery(rightside) and a wire going to fender mount starter sylonoid, then he splice wires for positive wire from eletric fuel pump into the relay into the wires for pushbutton as well, and then another wire from the relay to a terminal on top of the IP thats mounted by shoving it into the wireing harness for the the pump. now all these amounts of wires for pushbutton and eletrical pump that are all connected to this 4 prong relay that hooked up to the battery and fender solonoid are all red with the expetion one black wire thats from the eletrical pump and the black wire for it is bolted to the frame. so now thats how my pushbutton and eletric fuel pump is hooked up now my issue what happened, i was driving from base started the truck on the fender solonoid with a flat head becuase my pushbutton stopped working, let her warmed up no issues, drive it no issues, flooring it, stop, getting back up to speed no problems, made a turn hit a pothole, and all of sudden my battery guage starting going out of wack going back and fourth and then i lost all power and my IP was trying to suck agaisnt my eletric pump. i put her in nuetral pop on top of the grass median in the turn lane, waited, my battery power came back tried starting it, nothing. saw little smoke out of the tail pipe so i know something trying to happen just she wouldnt turn over. killed my batteries trying to start and trouble shoot the jerryrig eletronics and nothiong finally got towed by a friendly guy, we hooked up jumper cables and then all of sudden the cables got so hot it was hard to touch them. i want to keep the eletric fuel pump, but i think returning the turn key and starter solonoid back to stock and get rid of the pushbutton will fix my issues. just i need to know the correct hook ups for fender solonoid, and correct way to hook up eletric pump so when i get new batteries and turn key i will be fine unless you experts know the secret to my problem:) i just want to fix this eletrical mess i really appreciate it oilburners:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online

No members online now.