Truck bed is crooked?

3Kp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I pulled my bed off to fix my pick up tubes and re installed the bed in September. Last weekend I was installing a Happijack tie down kit for my slide in camper I bought. I noticed my bed is on crooked, it's closer to the cab on the passenger side and my tie down kit is rubbing my cab.

Was wondering is it possible if I loosen the bed bolts and tried to rotate the bed slightly to get it to stop rubbing my cab?? Otherwise I must have a bent frame??

G. Mann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Loosen the bed bolts and adjust the alignment of the bed so the spacing from the cab is equal on both sides.

Then.. Take a piece of plumbers twine [the yellow / orange or pink stuff] and tape it to the top body line at the front fender, both sides. Run a string line the full length of the truck to the top of the body line at the rear tail light. Pull the lines tight enough they don't sag. Tape down the ends good.

The string lines will quickly show you if the bed is lined up or off to one side in relation to the rest of the truck..

Adjust bed as necessary.. tighten bed bolts..

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What he said^^^.

It's also a good time to change the anti squeak pads and adjust heights to line up the body lines if they are off.

3Kp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm good up and down on the body lines. Heck didn't notice it was crooked until I put my tie down kit on the truck for my slide in camper and the passenger side is rubbing against my cab. I'm not worried about the paint getting scratched but don't want to dent my truck cab. My truck looks hideous anyways lol!

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah, what they said. If I remember correctly there is a lot more adjustment in the bed bolts that you'd think there should be.

3Kp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well the bed is straighten out now. Have same gap on both sides between cab and bed. Ready to go pick up my slide in camper either this weekend or next.