Tried everything on this bronco and Facebook isn’t nearly as helpful as this forum!

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced, Iac, map, tps, air temp sensor, coil, cap, plugs, wires, rotor, fuel filter, intake removed hot tanked, throttle body cleaned, egr deleted and fooler plug installed, smog deleted but tab and tad left connected. No codes engine off. Engine running wasn’t showing codes except egr closed and thermatic air(smog pump) which neither effect the running. But it still continues to idle low and want to die on me and sometimes it does die. Rev it up and when it drops it will idle really low or die when it tries to idle again but fires right up when I start it. Drives really well plenty of power for the 5.0. Any ideas? Also today when I plugged it in after inspecting computer yesterday I got codes for maf(it’s defiantly a speed density truck) my ac not cycling code(car only) and when I did take my computer out it was labeled for “Taurus and sable only” but also had a warranty card from ford that made it look like a reflashed computer? I’ve owned this bronco 10 years these problems are only recent. 1987 ford bronco 5.0 aod. Mods are long tube headers and k and n cold air along with the “6litre” tune up. This problem was there before these mods as I’ve been replacing all parts with upgraded parts as I work on it. Is my computer possibly just dying slowly? Visual inspection showed no signs of any problems very closely looked at.

towtruckdave

Resident Nutcase
Reaction score
How long have the headers been on? Did you put a new o2 sensor in? Also check if you have 12+ vdc at iac, if you do, then try a known good (different) iac that is for a truck the same year. Junkyard is a good source. Did you check eec voltage?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freqencyheight

Members online