If it really came down to it, I could probably swap you convertors. I could ship mine out there and you could ship yours to me. The down side to that is that I don't think mine's a towing convertor. I'd have to check tomorrow.
I'll wait and see what is on offer around Portland. Shipping a TC would be expensive and there's always risk of damage in transit. I'm sure I could get one somewhere in a somewhat timely fashion. I'll just have to plot all that out before we take out the trans so we can minimize the downtime. Gonna call Maximum Overdrive and see if they have any deep sumps. Also will call Gear Vendors since I dunno how much theirs is, they barely even mention it on their extremely outdated site.
Scoped out a "light truck" salvage yard in the area that may have a driveshaft. I really only need the front half to be shortened, so that's all I need to buy, if possible.
I scoped out a pretty affordable (for the area, $33/night) gov run campground about 23 miles from his house, if for some reason I needed to just go stay there a bit while we wait on parts for a week or more. Seems to be booked on weekends though (naturally) so I might have to figure out something else those nights.