transmission question

mako

Reaction score
could i replace my automatic transmission with a manual?
94 f-250 7.3 e4od auto

kcyard

Reaction score
their are alot of people who have done it i don't think its too bad from what i hear hopefully someonw can tell you where to get info in it KC

dazedandconfused

Reaction score
Originally posted by mako
could i replace my automatic transmission with a manual?
94 f-250 7.3 e4od auto

Sorry this is such a late posting but it can be done and is really easy. Just find you a five speed in a junk yard and unbolt the pedal assembly and the mastercylinder and that is all you will need. Most of the newer five speeds only have a line that runs from the master clyinder to the trans no linkage!

CRMW

Reaction score
Good Question, & timely as my E4OD is shot, now for a couple more.
Does the manual need to be out of a diesel?
Will a manual from a powerstroke work?
What options are available?

Chris

dazedandconfused

Reaction score
:) Alright first off you do have to use a manual off of a diesel due to the larger bellhousing. I'm not for sure but I have heard that all the diesels had the same bellhousing from the 6.9 to the 7.3 to the powerstroke. If It was me and I could find one, and it would work I would go with the new Six speed ZF due to it being a stronger unit. I've not seen one of these units that well but if it is like the older ZF's then the slave cylinder is internal. That means all is needed is the clutch pedal assembly, a mastercylinder and the line. You could always go to Swamps site and check out the autos they have built for them. Faubion transmission I think. Here is the link!

http://www.swamp-donkey.biz/

Andy

Mikey89014

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just swapped an E4OD for a Np435. It turned out to be quite a nice decision with 35 inch tires 4.10s and no overdrive.