Transmission oil cooler line

SmithandJones

Reaction score
I have a 92 F350 with a 7.3 IDI engine. Recently my surpintine belt broke and busted the transmission oil cooler line that is attached to the passenger side of the radiator. My problem is the auto parts store doesn't have them. Do I have to get one made at a hydrolics shop or is there some place I can buy one.

greenskeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
unfamiliar with a 92 f250, but it's low pressure being transmission fluid. Not seeing it in person, is there a way to cut the line where it broke, flare the ends and splice a piece of rubber hose with clamps in it's place?

SmithandJones

Reaction score
I can't splice a piece of hose onto the line because, with my luck, the line broke at the fitting on radiator and the frame.

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
Replace the fitting on the radiator with a barbed fitting. Cut the damaged line back then replace it with a piece of hose and a clamp.

Oledirtypearl86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with @trackspeeder. Make sure you use transmission cooler line as it wont swell and soft with age also they only run 15 or so psi IV done it a lot of times with customers trucks bit make sure you tie it off to eliminate any vibration

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freqencyheight

Members online