Toyota 2lt

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any input?

Looking at an 85 extra cab for a parts chaser for the rockcrawler, then I would li!e to stuff the eng. I to the 83.

Most info I have gotten from owners is they are not powerhouses but keep going.
The pirate guys h8te em cuz they do not act like an lt chebby.
It would be a daily driver/weekend trail rig.

compressionignitionrules

Full Access Member
Reaction score
have seen lots of small diesels in little trucks but never a Toyota diesel. 2.0 litre> overhead cam? rated hp?

Nissan had several back in the 80s but they were usually expensive to fix and not that reliable.

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2.4 litre
A tick over a hunnered hp
Forget the tourque but its better than the 22r/re
30 mpg is the bell ringer

Kiwif150

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know it's an older thread but how did you get on? If you haven't brought an engine yet try looking up 1kz-te - about 130 - 140 hp and a bit over 200 ft/lb torque. Those older 2L and even the 2L-T 2.4s were pretty gutless ( i think they were around 80 -90 hp on a good day :)) and the economy sucked when you had to wring it's neck to keep up with traffic :(. I've owned a few of these models and still work on them nowadays in my shop.

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks
I built up a first gen 22r\re.
Still cheaper than a half cut.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know it's an older thread but how did you get on? If you haven't brought an engine yet try looking up 1kz-te - about 130 - 140 hp and a bit over 200 ft/lb torque. Those older 2L and even the 2L-T 2.4s were pretty gutless ( i think they were around 80 -90 hp on a good day :)) and the economy sucked when you had to wring it's neck to keep up with traffic :(. I've owned a few of these models and still work on them nowadays in my shop.
here's a hint, smuggle a few of those in a suitcase with you and your vacation in the states is paid for. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VWAudiFord

Members online