Took the plunge!!!!!!!

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, your wife must of ****. :rotflmao
Nice truck by the way.
You must be registered for see images attach

Hope you can still drive it after she's done with you. LOL
I'll just say she wasn't overjoyed. Managed to live through the weekend of camping with her.

looks nice - is that leather?
Cloth, leather is standard on the Lariat and is offered as a $$$ option on the XLT... If my wife keeps spilling her coffee like she usually does, she'll be buying me leather to recover the seats.

oh, and are you gonna bomb it? Or is this one gonna stay stock?
Stock..... for now. This 6.0 pulls so much nicer than the 7.3 it ain't funny. Couldn't hardly tell I had an 8k camper behind me...... except when I'd look in the rear view mirror and see nothing but white.

Wonder if there's a cutout in the seat for her foot that's stuck in his ass.:rotflmao

Tom
:flipa LOL That's funny.

:eek: ;Sweet nice rig Mike

er.....the way you been changing rides lately.....
whatcugonnadowiththegreendeer :D :angel:
Thanks. You really want to see blood if I sell the Deere:confused: ..... Besides, the bonus is she likes it so much that she cuts the grass..... In fact she's doing it right now as I type this.:angel:

Oh .......... and she told me if I traded OUR travel trailer for a toy hauler without her permission that I would be living in it with my racing lawnmower......... :dunno Is that really a bad thing, they are pretty nice these days and I really like my toys.

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao
at least it dousn't complain.....it wont mow your lawn though by itself

This one's for haulin @$$, not cutting grass:peelout :D ........ And she ain't too happy I'm getting back into racing after being away from it for 20 years. Will run a full season of AMRA outlaw sanctioned points races and a few ARMA national & regional points races for '08.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
now that looks like some fun:D :peelout

you got to post up some of them there moving pictures when you have it running. see ya going sideways through a turn.

so how soon till we see the cast pics and the tractor for sale:D

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
now that looks like some fun:D :peelout

you got to post up some of them there moving pictures when you have it running. see ya going sideways through a turn.

Yea, dirt tracking sideways and lifting the front tires. Will do, hopefully get it done by December and get a few good shots on the track this spring.

This project is why you don't see me on the boards posting much right now.

so how soon till we see the cast pics and the tractor for sale:D
:flipa :moon:My name ain't Bob;Poke .......:oops: :sorry:

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score

Holy **** man. I'm off the board for a month & and miss everything. That is one sweet ride. I gotta be honest too. I've been looking at 6.0's as well. Can't afford to do anything right now but I'm looking. The new motor seems to be doing OK but isn't running like it should, at least I don't think it is. All the power is on the top end & the boost doesn't really kick in 'till I'm way up in the powerband. Wonder if the bigger exhaust housing is causing that. You bought exactly what I'm looking for. Where did you find it? I'm considering a trip to Bean's to see if he can make mine run right but I do not want to throw good money after bad, ya know? Let me know if you see another one down that way. The prices on those up here is crazy.

I think you made the right choice especially after seeing the carnage of a bad lifter in mine. Enjoy.

Just looked at all the pictures again. You really are a Coke drinking fool!!

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found it at Crown Ford in Fayetteville, good people there, it's the 3rd vehicle I've bought from them and they didn't try to put the screws to me on the trade like most other dealers were trying to do.

With the miles on the 2000, I wasn't seeing dumping another 5-6k into the engine with the trade in value like it was. And when it started this hard starting $heet all over again up at your place, I was through with it. The "Exhaust leak" getting progressively louder in the last few weeks pretty much sealed the deal and I had to make a decision to cut and run or dump money into a possible money pit with a lot of cosmetic issues. The tick was loud enough that every dealer noticed it over the Tymared turbo whine and straight exhaust.

Hopefully Bean can get the power the way you like, I really hate to see you put so much into it and not be happy with it.

I'm really liking the power of the 6.0 coupled to this 5 speed automatic tranny, really smooth. Tons quieter than the 7.3 with straight pipe and Tymar. I think I'll leave it alone.............For now:D

Coke, I can't live without it, go through 6 - 8 a day easyLOL

Stay safe out on the road.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larrymac

Staff online