to those who it may concern. SCM.

Justiniandagr8

Reaction score
well i seemed to have stared on the wrong foot here, but to those that may be interested, im justin i have a 6.9 project im workn on, more specifically installing a supercharger. its for a show truck so im not so concerned about power and efficientcy as i am look and sound. so if anybody has information on the subject your willing to share, i am wide open. thanks.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
as far as I know that's the only one that has been put into reality so far.
I too am interested in supercharging but only to build up boost off idle and to the point where a larger turbo can take over. it's kind of working in reverse to how MBZ supercharges their AMG cars these days. the supercharger on a MBZ has an electric clutch for a drive pulley and a bypass air valve for non-boosted driving. I want to work it in reverse. have the largest Eaton supercharger M120(iirc) bring up the boost until a larger turbo that can handle the higher air volume can take over. i haven't had the time to really put anything together since all this is a mental exercise in the meantime, but the parts to make this happen do exist. All it needs is some serious time spent building brackets and plumbing.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How about a centrifugal super charger teamed up with a turbo? Just sayin if it's show...why not go all out...:sly

Now that you intro'd yerself and explained yerself and goals...maybe peeps might understand and tailor responses accordingly....just saying!

And I'm still NOT towcat......no offense to ya towcat!LOL:rotflmao

Justiniandagr8

Reaction score
How about a centrifugal super charger teamed up with a turbo? Just sayin if it's show...why not go all out...:sly

Now that you intro'd yerself and explained yerself and goals...maybe peeps might understand and tailor responses accordingly....just saying!

And I'm still NOT towcat......no offense to ya towcat!LOL:rotflmao

;Sweet gotcha.

Puller

Puller
Reaction score
What type of supercharger are you going to use? Roots (lobe type), Centrifugal (functions like a turbo only belt driven) or Lysholm (screw type). This would be the first question you have to answer. The second would be what kind of power are you looking to make (Really this should be first but you've already stated your going supercharger but this would help narrow down sizing)? I know you said you don't care but you still need to choose something that will run correctly and not cause problems. Once you've figured out what type of supercharger your going to use some suggestions can be made. What is your budget, this will determine what type of parts we can suggest you use.

Wyreth

Certifiable Noob
Reaction score
In my darkest fantasies, I DO want to put a Novi2k and a Moose on my 6.9... just to see...

I really think a matched centrifugal supercharger setup will give a diesel more useable power than a turbo. Will it be anywhere near as efficient? Oh hell no.
But it would be fun!

I like the idea of a turbo fed centrifugal charger, but you'd have to have a SERIOUS intercooler on that type of setup.

Puller

Puller
Reaction score
so does ^^^^ eliminate any idea of a pro charger? if that would even work?

This type of supercharger is the best for all out performance being that it can achieve almost 80% thermal efficiency (although still not as efficient as a turbo, its as good as a supercharger gets for flat out power).

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I see a big benifit of a supercharger on a lower compression diesel, which lacks the low end punch due to its compression. The supercharger can allow for off idle boost which helps to eliviate that problem. Our IDI's have high enough compression that I would worry about the top end air flow over the bottom, which is where a turbo reigns supreme.

If I were to do it, it would be a procharger style though. Easier to adapt to our application.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmustang1965

Members online

No members online now.