Tire choices

RDieselKid84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess no body runs goodyears eney more, it looks like the farners have taken over. I guess I'm old fashion American I'm on my third set in twenty years A/TA With Kevlar Goodyears LT 235/85/16s

austin92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess no body runs goodyears eney more, it looks like the farners have taken over. I guess I'm old fashion American I'm on my third set in twenty years A/TA With Kevlar Goodyears LT 235/85/16s
Any complaints on sidewall stiffness? Dually or srw? What psi do you run?

You must be registered for see images attach
these guys?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RDieselKid84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SW and I run 62psi all around till I load it and then I up the pressure. The last set was ten years old and now I have them on the trailer.

The_Josh_Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On a similar note, around 10 years ago I got two Goodyear Tripple Tread Assurance with Kevlar tires and put them up front. Had the worst snow storm for this area of my lifetime and those things were incredible in this Pacific northwest ULTRA-slick packed snow. Also incredible in the rain, and we get ~90 inches of it here in North Bend, WA.
But they discontinued them in our size and I couldnt get more.
On tirerack.com the Goodyear wranglers get only so-so reviews so I haven't tried them.

OP I have the Geolander A/T's and it's a good tire. But kinda soft and gets that waggle going. I think you'll run into the issue of soft-feeling tires anytime you have really quality rubber compound. The best rubber in ice, snow, and rain will be (relatively) soft and pliable.

That said, you might add to your search criteria to number of sidewall plies and see if that gets some narrower results? Dunno if it's actually searchable but its listed in any normal tire specs list.

How is your suspension bushings? They may be helping it feel worse than it is.
I feel your pain with soft sidewalls. I wont be getting any more of the Geolander A/Ts, and sidewall flex is one of the biggest reasons.

It just hit me that a dedicated highway tire might have more lateral stiffness, and I'm sure could be found with a winter rating...just a thought.

RDieselKid84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Austin that's them and they have the three peaks on them. I've had them a year now and they run though the water with good tracksion so far we missed all the snow and probably won't have enety being in mississippi.

austin92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On a similar note, around 10 years ago I got two Goodyear Tripple Tread Assurance with Kevlar tires and put them up front. Had the worst snow storm for this area of my lifetime and those things were incredible in this Pacific northwest ULTRA-slick packed snow. Also incredible in the rain, and we get ~90 inches of it here in North Bend, WA.
But they discontinued them in our size and I couldnt get more.
On tirerack.com the Goodyear wranglers get only so-so reviews so I haven't tried them.

OP I have the Geolander A/T's and it's a good tire. But kinda soft and gets that waggle going. I think you'll run into the issue of soft-feeling tires anytime you have really quality rubber compound. The best rubber in ice, snow, and rain will be (relatively) soft and pliable.

That said, you might add to your search criteria to number of sidewall plies and see if that gets some narrower results? Dunno if it's actually searchable but its listed in any normal tire specs list.

How is your suspension bushings? They may be helping it feel worse than it is.
I feel your pain with soft sidewalls. I wont be getting any more of the Geolander A/Ts, and sidewall flex is one of the biggest reasons.

It just hit me that a dedicated highway tire might have more lateral stiffness, and I'm sure could be found with a winter rating...just a thought.

I have load range c geolanders on my wrangler and they feel solid on a 4500lb vehicle. My buddy has the same on his 95 f150. I’m a little surprised you say they’re soft as we don’t have issues with the C load range.

The only thing worn on my truck suspension/steering wise is the radius arm bushings. I have a set, just need to put them on but 2 days ago when I had bfg’s the truck didn’t wag. That’s why I think it’s the tires and not my truck

Austin that's them and they have the three peaks on them. I've had them a year now and they run though the water with good tracksion so far we missed all the snow and probably won't have enety being in mississippi.
Might have a winner here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jason1377

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought a set of these in August 2017. Not a great deal of miles on them really yet, for being over a year, but so far so good. I paid $103.xx each, they have gone up but are still a good price.

Westlake SL369 All-Terrain LT235/85R16 120Q E BSW All-Terrain tire

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Westlake-...35-85R16-120Q-E-BSW-All-Terrain-tire/55180337

Are those 10ply or 4ply the local shitmart/Walmart told me they only sell 4 ply so curious if the store n online market are the same.

Does any ones tire choice make there front tires look flat like it's under a huge load

Kevo1288

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As @chillman88 said, I really like the Firestone Transforce A/T’s. Between Dad and I , we’ve had 5 sets on 4 different trucks. 2 sets on my Excursion (8000 lb truck), and Dads 97 7 lug F-250, 12 F-150 SuperCrew, now his 16 F-150 SuperCrew. All are/were 4x4, so only have the Excursion and the 16. Dad replaced the 5000 mile old tires on his brand new 16 because he hated the squishy factory tires. We both have been extremely pleased with the Transforce tires. The first set on the Excursion went almost 80,000 miles.

I actually have come to really like Firestone tires. When the Infiniti need tires, got a set of Firestone Destination L/E 2’s. I’m extremely please with them also. I have a locally owned tire shop in town, and the next set of tires I need will come from there and likely be Firestone’s......

Had these on my 2wd idi , id always fill my rear tank up before a snow storm here in Massachusetts and that truck NEVER got stuck!!!

Plus one on transforces…

also the falken wildpeak at3w is a really really really nice tire.

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
Are those 10ply or 4ply the local shitmart/Walmart told me they only sell 4 ply so curious if the store n online market are the same.

Does any ones tire choice make there front tires look flat like it's under a huge load

6 or 8ply? It's load range E so it should be 10, but here's what it says.

Last edited:

jwalterus

Made in America
Reaction score
They are in my signature, 10 ply load range E.
Mine sit at 75psi front, 80psi rear 24/7.
If it's moving, it's loaded.
Lightest loads it'll see are hauling a 6x12 u-haul trailer next week multiple times.

I've been known to put a 12-ply (load range G) tire on the rear of my trucks at times.

renjaminfrankln

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 265/75/16 Corsa highway terrain tires from Discount tire. I think this may be a "house" brand.

45 psi front and 35 rear.

No issues. They were cheap, about 90 bucks each for an E rated tire. I never buy off-brand tires but for the money I had to give these a try. Cant say how well they are holding up yet, have not had em long enough.

Oledirtypearl86

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I have a set on a parts truck I just picked up give me a few and I'll go look

Oledirtypearl86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the west lakeWires you are talking about are these ones they are an 8 ply

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bsthomas21