Tint Issues

texasboy893

Reaction score
I've got a 94 f250 extended cab with the sliding back window. Just got it tinted and there's a gap all the way around the tint. The tint shop says there's nothing they can do about it. Anybody else had that issue?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Mulochico

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Only when I was to cheap to pay someone mine was like that. I know when my daughter had her Honda Accord done by a highly recommended shop in town it looked like it came from the factory with the darker tint. I would try to get some recommendations and ask another shop. If I pay good money I want it done correctly.

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've had a few cars I've sent out to a local shop here and they do not leave gaps. One car they did was a retint, where they removed the old 90's blue-ish tint and some gaps and when I picked it up, no gaps and it was "limo" tint.
I
do think leaving gaps is just a skill issue, or the piece of film they had was a certain size and maybe they didn't want to use a new piece

This shop charges a lot, and part of it includes removing trim and doors panels so it goes well below the door wiper/seal and all around the rear glass.

But it isn't necessarily a bad thing. If your price didn't include removing a ton of trim and panels then maybe some gaps are to be expected?

It may be a problem where they did not communicate specifically what you were going to get in exchange for the price you were paying.

Maybe the majority of their customers prefer the style they gave you and they forgot to ask you what you would prefer.

I don't know haha. Trying to look at it from both angles, customer and business without just saying someone made an error.

Sometimes it's just a failed communication

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
I guess the question would be, how big of a gap?
Just a fine line, less than ⅛ inch i wouldn't care too much. Otoh, I have done my own Walmart special tint and practically had no gaps.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

u2slow

bilge rat
Reaction score
Probably the way the slider and frame is made.

If I was trying to do a good job on my back window (one piece)... I'd take it out to tint it.

Exhumis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got a 94 f250 extended cab with the sliding back window. Just got it tinted and there's a gap all the way around the tint. The tint shop says there's nothing they can do about it. Anybody else had that issue?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Sounds to me like they may have used pre cut tint if the gap is uniform around the window. Either way, that's unsat and should be corrected.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmustang1965

Members online