Timing or Injection Pump?

donald

Reaction score
Thanks for the explanation i was thinking of using that service for my IP on a rebuilt 92 7.3.
What does a good rebuild cost for a stock pump? or is it better to buy new aftermarket pump?
Thanks

Macrobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go check out idiperformance.com

Also, typ4 on here does rebuilds, I believe.

For stock-type power levels, Conestoga Diesel (Mel) is also reliable.

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I don't believe there is any "new pumps" out there there are many with quality rebuild and you return your core to them after you change out. Those three above are the top rebuilders with known high quality rebuilds you can't go wrong with. If hurting for cash sometimes used salvage yard or Craigslist pumps are not a bad idea at least to keep moving until you can afford a higher quality rebuild that's what I did. But spending 300$ on a possible disappointment is worth it when a good known quality rebuild isn too much more and known good customer service is well worth it

adamsanders

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I picked up a used Injection Pump off Craigslist for 50$. Gonna put it on this weekend probably. I noticed this plate on it though, anyone know how to decode it? Looks like the original manufacturer overhauled it at some point.

You must be registered for see images attach

adamsanders

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I've read many times the 6.9 and 7.3 pumps are interchangeable, do I need to turn the fuel up a flat or so or is it ok as is? Also do you know if Stanadyne still rehauls or the years they did? Just curious on what I've bought.

bbjordan

Snow Monkey
Reaction score
The 6.9 & 7.3 pumps are interchangeable. Try running it as is before turning up the pump.
The 6.9 pump is capable of melting the pistons on a N/A 7.3!

AFAIK, Stanadyne is still in business. Rebuilt pumps are typically done by authorised Stanadyne dealers.

Jonathanbwata

Reaction score
Was it the ip the problem...I get blueish white smoke when I drive on a on ramp when I push it to 2500 2800 rpms
I want to hear the ending of the story