Those parts I got robbed on

Boston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I've been driving that old truck of mine I rebuild for a short while now, maybe two months. Here's what shakes out.

the rebuilt steering gear box probably wasn't rebuilt at all, it wasn't even remotely adjusted when I got it and it seems to not want to hold an adjustment. I'll try again, but this will be the third time in as many months and something tells me the guys I bought this from, just kinda shined it up some and sent it right back out.

same for the IP pump

while I was up helping a friend of mine in Greely CO, a solid 80 miles from home, the truck died while at idle, just like I'd flipped the kill switch or something. After checking the entire fuel system tank to IP, I then started checking spark to the pump, 11.9V ( kinda low probably because I'd been fighting it for a few days at that point ) both leads. The pump was getting fuel, I've got clear lines going to it, But there was no fuel coming out of the return line.

I opened up the top of the pump and discovered this

You must be registered for see images attach

care to guess which one is off the old pump and which one is off the new pump ?

Something tells me nothing else in that pump was rebuilt either.

So I guess we can add both these items to the do over column.

right next to the headers that took Stans months to get right

So I guess the question is
anyone know a reputable place to get a IP for the F250 its a 1990 with the 7.3

And how many times should I have to adjust a steering gear box, seems like three times in as many months just doesn't seem right.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
that sucks, Mel Agnem on the board here rebuilds pumps to a high standard. i don't believe it is common to replace that solenoids though if they check out ok. i am not even sure they are available separately anymore.

something does not sound right with the steering box either. are you sure the locknut is not backing back out on you?

Boston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya but thats one ugly solenoid, thing was crunching and grinding pretty bad and not even pretending to throw that lever all the way. You'd think for the hundreds of bucks I'd spent, they'd have at least replaced it with something.

I'm actually pretty convinced they didn't rebuild the pump at all, maybe just shined it up some and sent it back out.

Its possible the lock nut just slipped on the gear box so this times I'll try a little locktight and see what happens.

and ya I probably posted in the wrong section, didn't have much time and product reviews just might have meant a place where we review the products we purchased ;-) so if I got it wrong, someone is more than welcome to move it wherever its more appropriate.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online