this is a aweosme truck but the price would kill me

87crewdually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao

Worth: whatever one is willing to pay, He would have to drop a zero off the price for me to even look at it. :puke:

bigoilburner19

Reaction score
yeah ill agree with that but i mean really it would be a good work truck what is the lowest geared rearend like diff you can get for those axles

bigoilburner19

Reaction score
so ok explain this to me a 354 would get good gas mileage but not as much acceleration or am i wrong i really dont know diff sizes i mean i studied rearends in school but not sizes and would 3.54's give better gas mileage or would it hurt it

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
really dont know diff sizes i mean i studied rearends in school but not sizes
Should have payed more attention to the mechanical instead of the human rearend's. :rotflmao:rotflmao:rotflmao

bigoilburner19

Reaction score
thanks thanks alot well all i can say is atleast i paid attention to something and plus the course was a 9 month auto mechanic course not a full 2 or 4 years it was just basics how to change them and work on them etc. and one gurl outta a class of 12 guys what would you rather pay attention to????

bigoilburner19

Reaction score
so 12 is a good price for this ? just wondering my grandpa knows where the place is where this truck is I emailed him today so I asked him alot about the truck so hopefully a reply form him would be nice today sometime.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
I think it is a fair price, not out of line, If you are serous you about the truck I would offer around $10,500 and he will probably let it go for $11,000. But try to build it for that! That would be tough to do.

bigoilburner19

Reaction score
yeah id have to admit the motor alone with everything on it around here is 2500 to 3500 and the tranny dont get me started if you find on its alot of cash and im waiting on a few things still I hope things get settled but if he still has it in a few weeks im deff gonna ge *** but ima offer 9 for it and see where it goes it would really help me out i hate gassers no point in them for me oh well

crashnzuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a lot of work to just turn around and sell it so you can build another less than one year later.cookoo Nice lookin truck though. His mileage numbers sound just like mine. 3.54 gears would be a good addition to that truck, don't know if they'd make any noticeable difference in economy, but it would make it nicer if you were to drive on the interstate. My truck will pull down 20 mpg going 70mph.
Travis..

87crewdually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so ok explain this to me a 354 would get good gas mileage but not as much acceleration or am i wrong i really dont know diff sizes i mean i studied rearends in school but not sizes and would 3.54's give better gas mileage or would it hurt it

Real simple: take 3.54 gears. What this means is a ratio that for every 3.54 turns of the drive shaft the tire turns 1 time. So lower the number, the higher the gear is.
If you have a Cummins, which has alot of torque and a low RPM power range, you can handle going from 4.10 to 3.54 or higher like 3.08. In the end, going with higher gears drops your rpm which increases fuel economy, as long as your engine has the torque to overcome the gearing.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Members online