This effing Jetta

mu2bdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How were you getting 60 mpg what did you do the car
I drove it like an old lady. Bone stock. Virtually all highway miles. It was a 110mi commuter and I would set cruise to 60 or 65 depending on road conditions and there were times I never even touched the brakes until I parked. I miss that car.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad everything worked out well and it’s running so well. Keep an eye on those injectors, with how much that pump was chewed up with metal shavings it’s possible that you could still have an injector failure until it all works out of the fuel system, but it sounds like you’ve gotten some miles on it already since the pump replacement;Sweet

Oledirtypearl86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad everything worked out well and it’s running so well. Keep an eye on those injectors, with how much that pump was chewed up with metal shavings it’s possible that you could still have an injector failure until it all works out of the fuel system, but it sounds like you’ve gotten some miles on it already since the pump replacement;Sweet

Yeah I have been that's something iv been a little worried about but it's been about 350 miles so far