thinking about comitting ***********.....

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
tim-
everything has a price:D
both are rotary pump trucks so there won't be any smoky burnouts in the Taco Bell parking lot with a SO having ringside seats:eek:
still, if nothing else, I have a backup with 195k on the odo if I blow this one up:D
I didn't realize that engine had 195K....I thought it was a super-low-mileage truck for whatever reason.

And, I might have to try and find a way to come up with the $$ :shocked: I love my IDI, but I've been wanting a Cummins since I was 13...if it wasn't for the emotional attachment I have to my truck, I'd probably have a Dodge by now...although, surprisingly, I'm more interested in economy and longevity than power. I don't need to be doing donuts in the Taco Bell parking lot :D ;Poke :rotflmao

Last edited:

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
but they are fun and you don't get ticketed for it.... all though I don't want to try it again, but then again it worked once....

ameristar1

The One Blue Thing
Reaction score
I didn't realize that engine had 195K....I thought it was a super-low-mileage truck for whatever reason.

And, I might have to try and find a way to come up with the $$ :shocked: I love my IDI, but I've been wanting a Cummins since I was 13...if it wasn't for the emotional attachment I have to my truck, I'd probably have a Dodge by now...although, surprisingly, I'm more interested in economy and longevity than power. I don't need to be doing donuts in the Taco Bell parking lot :D ;Poke :rotflmao

With all the talent you have on the West Coast you haven't done a :eek:goat swap yet?

BAAAAAAA "come into the light"

BAAAAAAAA "join us, you know you want to"

LOL

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With all the talent you have on the West Coast you haven't done a :eek:goat swap yet?

BAAAAAAA "come into the light"

BAAAAAAAA "join us, you know you want to"

LOL
The Cummins bug's been chewing on me for about 16 years now, but in the last 48 hours, it's not so much gone into overdrive as to hyperdrive :shocked: I'm going to have to talk to Calvin and see how much he'd want for the spare engine, and then see if I can cobble the $$ together.

Forgive me, Mel and the IDI gods, for I am considering committing a sin... :shocked:

ameristar1

The One Blue Thing
Reaction score
The Cummins bug's been chewing on me for about 16 years now, but in the last 48 hours, it's not so much gone into overdrive as to hyperdrive :shocked: I'm going to have to talk to Calvin and see how much he'd want for the spare engine, and then see if I can cobble the $$ together.

Forgive me, Mel and the IDI gods, for I am considering committing a sin... :shocked:

There's a joke in there, Goat Swap chewing on the Warden:D, get it, goats chew on everything and...........aww, forget it.;p

Anyways, it's like argve said, "once you go goat, you'll never go back."

I loved my goat truck, prolly should've kept it. The wife liked it. Just wished it was an intercooled model.

If you need a new head assembly, I have one in the garage.

BAAAAAAAAAAALOL Follow us into the land flowing with compound twins and axle breaking torque.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On top of you guys, I've now got my dad cheerleading/peer-pressuring me :shocked: let's see if I can financially make this happen... -Drool :angel:

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On top of you guys, I've now got my dad cheerleading/peer-pressuring me :shocked: let's see if I can financially make this happen... -Drool :angel:
have your dad check out "destroked" website:D
they also have a oil filter relocation kit that is a real plus from the nightmare spot where it currently is.

ameristar1

The One Blue Thing
Reaction score
BAAAAAAAAAAALOL

Don't fight it, give in to the Goat.

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

And don't worry, support groups are available for all Goat conversions.:angel:

Last edited:

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
have your dad check out "destroked" website:D
they also have a oil filter relocation kit that is a real plus from the nightmare spot where it currently is.
I just took a look myself...sweet videos -Drool but the price for the adapter plate about gave me a heart attack! I knew they weren't exactly cheap, but didn't realize they were that much, either. For some reason, I had had the impression that the entire setup (adapter plates, engine mounts, etc) was more in the $500 range.

Well, one more obstacle that I need to try and (hopefully) overcome...here's to hoping I can dig up the $$ somehow...

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
here are some pics......

Attachments

• SL377166.JPG
    SL377166.JPG
    288.8 KB · Views: 6
  • SL377167.JPG
    SL377167.JPG
    290.2 KB · Views: 7
  • SL377168.JPG
    SL377168.JPG
    289.7 KB · Views: 17
  • SL377169.JPG
    SL377169.JPG
    284 KB · Views: 4
  • SL377170.JPG
    SL377170.JPG
    290.9 KB · Views: 16
  • SL377172.JPG
    SL377172.JPG
    289.7 KB · Views: 12
  • SL377173.JPG
    SL377173.JPG
    291.3 KB · Views: 4
  • SL377174.JPG
    SL377174.JPG
    288.8 KB · Views: 7
  • SL377171.JPG
    SL377171.JPG
    155.5 KB · Views: 9

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Kitten,

that looks pretty good.... the seats bring back memories of my old Ramcharger... same set up as what's up front.... Boy she does look good..... and it's intercooled..... Only thing I see that needs changed is the slush box tranny but other than that she is a runner....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Members online