The Texas Spring IDI Meet

Where to host the spring meet?

• Total voters

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Once again, thank you all to everyone who came out to the fall meet, and to everyone that showed support on that thread! Not a huge crowd made it but I think as we continue to meet and visit new places, we can create a great IDI community here in Texas.

So, here's the main ideas that we have going for the spring meet.

1) Meet in the San Antonio area once again, maybe do a hill county cruise

2) Meet in the Houston area, specifically meeting at the San Jacinto Battlefield Park

3) Meet in the Dallas area, I have family in the Crownridge area and they maintain a park we could use for the meetup

As usual any input on the matter is up to ya'll I'm interested to see how this turns out. Oh and this time I have a poll so vote on that!

Like the last meet I will be bringing out timing equipment and will be happy to time anyone's truck for them. Now is also a great time to ask for parts that you may need and someone like me can dig through their pile/stash and see if we can help eachother out;Sweet

Cruiseomatic

Defining Insanity
Reaction score
Battelship park is good. Monument, Ship, historic ferry, everything is like right here. Not to far from Galveston either. Maybe an hour drive. When is this shin-dig taking place? Hopefully I can get "Midnight Queen" finished by then and can put in for vacation at work.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That sounds good, I'm not sure on the date but I would like to do it sometime when it starts to get a little warmer out but avoiding spring breakers and the Easter holiday so it works best for everyone, so I'm open for suggestions for a date.

D_Fresh361

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is something I would be interested in as well. Any updates on dates? I've been hoping someone would get a Texas IDI Meet going. My truck is a long way from being finished but I think that speaks for the majority of us! Lol

theSHERPA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My IDI is down until I get the time to rebuild and install my new tilt steering column, among other things. But I would still like to attend. I vote San Antonio over Houston.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jkoons20

Reaction score
I'm moving to Texas on Tuesday, and depending on the date, I may be able to attend!
Houston or Dallas works best for me, but I'm traveling 1,700 miles, so what's a short drive to San Antonio?

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad this thread has remained active although I disappeared for four months! Hope everyone is still doing fine and dandy!

I want to apologize for dropping the ball on this spring event, a lot of personal conflicts and a new job and going back to school combined with building a house of my own has made these last few months insane:fan:
But if everyone is still interested, I think we ought to line out a date!

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My IDI is down until I get the time to rebuild and install my new tilt steering column, among other things. But I would still like to attend. I vote San Antonio over Houston.

I have to admit I would prefer San Antonio as well but I'm in the understanding that all big cities suck in general. So if we are looking at Houston, do any locals have any cool ideas for dates or times that may coordinate with a fun event or just a general good time to be there? Lets try to shoot for weekends since most of us have to deal with work and family but of course the sooner the better since summer is practically here!

PS this new forum is taking some getting used to :frustrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bsthomas21

Members online