The story behind the handle

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Thewespaul, Oct 24, 2018.

1. Thewespaul

Thewespaul Supporting Vendor Supporting Member

So I’ve been asked three times this week so I figured I’d put it here...

My names Wes, Paul isn’t my middle name or my first or last, thewespaul is a nickname I’ve had since I was kid, since I’ve always played a Les Paul guitar that I bought when I was ten because I wanted to play just like jimmy page. Still have it, here it is hanging in the office
    EEB5E71C-D383-4FF8-83B0-60D469A6595E.jpeg

So I’d be curious to hear the stories behind some of y’alls handles, there’s some interesting ones here and I’m sure the stories are just as interesting!

Kiwif150, Danielle, Kevo1288 and 4 others like this.
  2. ttman4

ttman4 Last Nite's Dream..

Hi in the Cascades, Nearly- Redmond,Oregon
    Hi I’m “George” cuz I picked it up in new school 6th grade. Teacher couldn’T remember my name of James Linton. Other bullying type boy jumped up & said “Oh Hell call him George.” Name stuck. He got whipped for saying Hell. Went off college and thought i’d Get away from it. Nope too many others from home at college too! Name stuck till today. Got married 45 yr ago and preacher was using my real name and Carols aunt jumped up and corrected preacher saying he's marrying off wrong guy to. LOL LOL

But ttman4 I made up for State Gun Dealers License because I used to build trailers and they were good to the 4 th power LOL LOL

Last edited: Oct 25, 2018
    Danielle and Thewespaul like this.
  3. 79jasper

79jasper Chickenhawk

chillman88 likes this.
  4. Mulochico

Mulochico Supporting Member Supporting Member

Back in 1994 I went on a Mexico missions trip with a youth group. We had cb's and we all came up with a handle. I went thru a few and ended up with Little Mule (1989 Jeep comanche p/u, 4cyl, 4 speed. 5,000 # added w/trailer and stuff and the jeep just kept going like a little mule). When we got to Mexico, the guy we were working with said it should be "Mulo Chico". He said it meant little mule. It is actually mule boy, but it fits. I'm hard to get going, ornery as a mule, and once I get going, hard to stop. So Mulo Chico and/or Little Mule.

We started a nonprofit ministry in 1996 and I wanted Jackass' for Jesus but the rest of the board said no. So it was Little Mule Ministries. The latest business card has AKA, Jackass' for Jesus under Little Mule Ministries and my unofficial title is head jackass. No one disputes it so I guess it fits. Sure creates some good conversations.

5. IDIoit

IDIoit MachinistFabricator Supporting Member

i would have come up with some elaborate story to compete with whats on here and the other thread....
    but seeing as i cant even spell my name correctly, ill just leave it to your imaginations :D

Kiwif150, ttman4 and Thewespaul like this.
  6. KZF250

KZF250 Full Access Member

Always liked the way Jimmy Page played...never had a chance to see him with Zepplin but did twice with The Firm. He was so loaded he could barely walk but damn he could play.

I've had a number of KZ650's and 1000's over the years.

7. subway

subway be nice to the admin :D

It has been a few years so forgive me if I got some details wrong. Unfortunately, I have not become known for my stellar memory. My original screen name was Jred, you can see the stunning originality from my regular name of Jared. Here is the long back story to my screen name.

Anyway, this was the summer the rally was in Tecumseh Michigan. This was also the first time Towcat (Calvin) made the long journey across a good bit of the states to attend his first eastern rally in person. The weather smiled on his attendance by shooting the mercury into record high temps and brutal humidity for that whole week. We could see his body was loving the record heat and humidity he was not used to from his side of the world. I think we as a group were making the best of it and having a good time though.

At the family pot luck event I walked up and started talking to Calvin a bit. He was still putting faces to names so when he realized my name was Jared he decided the make it easier on himself by changing my screen name to Subway (this was before the Jared scum bag representing Subway got put in jail). I probably didn’t help myself by making a few smart comments after having a couple of day drinks to loosen up lol. Anyway, when he asked what my screen name was to change my online name my 10w light bulb lit up inside my head and I gave him the screen name diesel4me2 (Chris). I acted upset while trying to stifle my little kid giggles while he went through his computer screen on front of me and changed Chris’s name to Subway.

I soon went outside to were Chris is cooking up the burgers to feed the masses and tell him that Calvin did not like him and changed his name to Subway. To those that have not met Chris he is a great guy, very smart and always quick to help you in a pinch. He is also well above the 6ft mark, has a giant fiery red beard and could fold me up like origami if he wanted to. He did not believe me and told me so in some colorful language until I brought it up on my phone to show him. I sometimes have the bad habit of poking the bear.

His jaw dropped……

He then proceeded to teach me some new colorful words and go inside and see why Calvin has it out with him when he seemed cool around the campfire where we all hang out in the evenings. He might have also had some suspicions about me being involved somehow since I could not keep a straight face. So…… Chris goes in to talk to Calvin and of course the whole thing comes unraveled. Chris gets his screen name back and I permanently have been demoted/promoted? from Jred to Subway as a reminder to not mess with the Moderators here.

For a long time Diesel4me2 had the tag line under his picture “The original Subway”

So that is how my buzzed smart mouth got me a permanent name re-assignment

8. Thewespaul

Thewespaul Supporting Vendor Supporting Member

The truth finally surfaces! That slayed me man

subway likes this.
  9. subway

subway be nice to the admin :D

It was not really a secret, lol, I just finally took the time to type it up.

It was all in good fun and made for a interesting story.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2018
    ttman4 and Thewespaul like this.
  10. Jason1377

Jason1377 Supporting Member Supporting Member

My screen name is actually my first name the 1377 well yr I was born and on fridaybthe 13th as luck would have it good/bad things have happened on the 13th of the month as well as yrs apart from family. Also go by Jay as my grandma called me

11. Golden Helmet

Golden Helmet Full Access Member

I've been using "Golden Helmet" since at least 2003. It was originally "Lord Helmet", which I stole from the movie Spaceballs, but I changed it after the game server I used to play on was invaded by the "Lord Clan", all their members went by "Lord_[X]" and people kept thinking I was one of them. I'm not very creative with usernames, so I haven't changed it since then.

12. Runningaford

Runningaford Registered User

Um, my story sucks; literally just 'running a ford'... I've got a few screen names other places for other things I use lol. Thank god, nothing like Running a (insert off the wall shit here;)

13. icanfixall

icanfixall Official GMM hand model

My wife gave me my screen name. I have ALWAYS been able to fix anything. I usually look at something and know what I will find inside. I wanted icanfixit or icanfixeverything. She won out. On the Auburn Cord Duesenberg forum I'm know as 1748 S. Thats the serial number of my 37 Cord Beverly Sedan I'm restoring. I went to a West Coast meet for these fine cars and during introducing myself to the group nobody knew me by my given name... Gary Parsons. So I said on the web site I'm known as 1748 S. The room of club members lit up like a Christmas tree wanting to ask me questions about EVERYTHING I was doing. In that club I'm known world wide for my expertise. No country is too far to help a fellow club member with advice. Have purchased and sold parts to Australia and helped others in Russia and many parts of Europe. After all this I feel I'm still a simple guy that likes driving my diesel F350. Just a simple guy that knows a little about a lot of things...

14. Knuckledragger

Knuckledragger blowing chunks

Okay, Ill go.

After my first divorce (1992), I was perusing the want ads and found a lot of guys trying to be flashy and attract women by basically lying about themselves. I decided to go a different direction, describing myself as a knuckle dragging, mouth breathing troglodyte, looking for a woman to drag by the hair back to my cave.

It was far more successful that I could have imagined; some curious, wanting just to see the person who would describe themselves like that, others were actually turned on by the simple description. No lasting relationships, but plenty of fun on dates.

Kiwif150, Danielle, subway and 4 others like this.
  15. hce

hce So can i.... Supporting Member

HCE Hlad Cattle Emporium. Last name, had cattle but no more.

Danielle likes this.