The Midwest Ferd Build

DaveBen

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Ferd, it looks like you are dragging a wire or ? perhaps.

Ferd_Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been gone for a long time. Starting to get back on it. Really need a truck in my life. Missing out on money making opportunities and good deals.

Since my last post I switched out my wheels from the 88 I had. Looking back i kinda like the old black ones better but I'm thinking that's becuase the tire it had on it. Mickey Thompson M/T 315/60 I think. They were wide. Now it has bullet/alcoa style on skinnier 285s. I have since fixed all of the leaks. Had small trans line leak and coolant

You must be registered for see images attach

Ferd_Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll get a better picture of rims tommorow. I also clay barred and compounded the driver side of the truck and wow did it do wonders. I'll post pictures and videos tommtow. They are on my old phone. Still have to do passenger side.

Ferd_Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I started working on my 08 bumper again. I stripped it down a couple of years ago to fix some dents. Lost ambition never primed it and it surface rusted bad. Knocked it all down and primed it. Picked up a bumper off a brick nose that's pretty straight. Driver side mount is tweaked but bumper shell is straight. Sanded that down tonight but ran out of primer. I started it up before I left work yesterday to charge batteries and left it running all night

One the to-do list
-Get it Legal
-Fasten down the front inner wheel wheels
-Exhaust(temporarily till dimond eye sends me dp to test)
-Replace the cablights I broke with my hood
-Bolt bed down but wanting to diagnose fuel sending unit first
- install my frame mounted fuel system( water sep/filter/Holley blue/regulator/check valve/new viton injector orings)

Ferd_Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got some work done today after work. Got the inner fenders fastened down. Rear filler next installed. Tank works good. Gauge works. Driver side negative battery cable insyalled and added body ground. Just need to get some new bed bolts. On a side note anyone know what thread pitch the studs are for the motor mounts. Mine are apparently mia.

Ferd_Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any insight? Tried installing factory air intake box. I never had one in my last truck didkt comenwith the kit. This came in the backseat of the truck. Tried mocking it up

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

The_Josh_Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any insight? Tried installing factory air intake box. I never had one in my last truck didkt comenwith the kit. This came in the backseat of the truck. Tried mocking it up

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
From my experience:
Your snail is fine it can't be moved and still fit the turbo. When it's fitted right that box will hit your #2 injector line, and I had to bend mine more than I wanted to to make that work. But it all worked out fine. I moved to a charge air cooled setup and BHAF so it's all moot now but that's what I did. Bolt your top to the base and you should see it hits the injector line when the boot is on the turbo. I've never seen what that line looks like for the turbo engines but for my 89 it was definitely in the way.

Ferd_Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got rid of that nasty bumper and installed the one from a brick nose. When i went to install i forgot to take bumper ball off. Got it off but bumper doesnt sit right. Will fix tommorow. Had my bosses son helping me and knew he wanted to get out of there