The Midwest Ferd Build

Ferd_Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thought I start a build thread for the new rig. Kicked myself in butt for not making one for my 93. Didnt kbow about OB when I bought it 5 years ago. Just last week I purchased this 1994 F-350 CCLB. Dana 60 Balljoint. Engine was just resealed and apparently trans aswell. Was supposed to just need the front clip installed but a little more than that. Reason I bought it was it's very clean for a southeastern Wisconsin Truck. Only rust is a little on passenger bed wheel arch. Whole underside is mint. Fluid filming the whole underside and doors. Supposedly only had 160k but put a fuse in today and it's got 290k. No big deal to me really. Injectors and pump were rebuilt at local shop. Runs well

You must be registered for see images attach

Ferd_Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know the paint code? And before the "check the door tag" comments. Its MIA. Looked all over driver door. I have 2 parts trucks. My 93 f350 and my 88 250. Put the rad from the 93 in it. Was new when I bought it in and in better shape. Gotta rob the power steering lines and the A/C lines off that same truck. Gotta terrible belt squeal. My 93 has the dampener belt tensioner and this one doesnt have the shock(other style) so I'll prolly switch that over to. This truck came with many odds and ends. Got 2 grills. PS pump, extra interior prices and much more

Ferd_Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where I was at when I left work today. Cleaned it out and organized and inventoried parts. Need to take fenders off the 93. There like 75% off right now.

You must be registered for see images attach

Ferd_Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It looks like you're off to a good start.
Thanks man. Diffidently was more than just a front clip. But I want this to be a full functioning truck. Turn key no quirks with some modern day features. Want some nice buckets to get rid of the front bench. Double din radio. Have a radio picked out that's essicatially a android tablet. Remote start/keyless entry. Back up camera.

Ferd_Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cleaned out the bed/cab and organized parts. Bed looks to have a gooseneck hitch or 5th wheel. Has the 7 pin in bed to. Nice spray in liner. Was windy af and cold today so didnt do much. Tommotow I have off so I'll be taking more parts off my 93. I have a banks wastegated turbo kit in good shape off my 88 that will be for sale if anyones interested. I will also be selling a factory turbo kit soon. The factory turbo on the 93 I just rebuilt and has a wicked wheel so I was going to replace the one on CC.

Ferd_Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Little update. A couple days ago I Got the powersteering pump, A/C,and tensioner(damper style) swapped over from my 93. Having power steering is great for pulling in and out of the shop. Got my tach working and trans out of limp. Just the harness ground points so that's a relief. Today I pulled it in to put the gauges from my 93 in it. Figured it be easier with the front clip off. Put the tail lights in and couldn't get anything to work. Took them out started testing. Found the plugs werent plugged in behind bumper. Still nothing. Gave up for the night pulled out and everything works.

Ferd_Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Next time I work on it I'd like to mount the fenders. Been putting it off just trying to do everything that's easier done with them off. But I'd like to get the headlights on so I can see. Gotta steal the trans cooler and ground cables off my 93 and should be good to go. Another thing I cant figure out is that the cargo light does not turn off. Have to pull fuse. Dont think its door switches cause door dinger works. Also cant get front tank to take fuel. Has to dribble to get any and still foams out. Took anti roll valve off vent and even widened the vent in the neck. Gauge reads close to empty and maxed full if I turn headlights on. Rear tank filler neck isnt in its spot in the bed so maybe I'll try hooked that up and will have better results. Would like both tanks functioning becusse I've never had both tanks working at the same time on any of my trucks

Ferd_Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And if anyone knows the paint code? No door tag to be found. Would like to throw a half way decent paint on them so it looks okay. (50/50 truck) looks good at 50 ft or 50mph. Dont want to throw to much time and money at them as they dont fit good (bad aftermarkets) and want to find a nice set of OEMs. Hard to in Wisconsin

Philip1

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The dome light is also controlled by the headlight switch make sure its turned off there by twisting the knob

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Jake60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And if anyone knows the paint code? No door tag to be found. Would like to throw a half way decent paint on them so it looks okay. (50/50 truck) looks good at 50 ft or 50mph. Dont want to throw to much time and money at them as they dont fit good (bad aftermarkets) and want to find a nice set of OEMs. Hard to in Wisconsin

I have a '93, it was repainted at some point but the original looks like your truck (can't tell for sure in the darkish pics). If it is the same color it's called Bimini Blue Clearcoat Metallic K3/M6485

Ferd_Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Little bit of progress today. Bolted front bench down. Got the radio half way working. Fixed the cargo light always being on. Pulled the vent to see if it was clogged. Took a little fuel and stopped. Then systyed pouring out the top. Felt through the hole so the tank is full. Gauge is reading wrong. Want to mount fenders tommtow. Was going to tonight and forgot the rubber covers for cabin air.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Staff online

Members online