The building of Beagle Pup.

Farmer Rock

just a fella' without a 10mm socket
Reaction score
Snowing pretty good here today,so in between plowing and shoveling I took a few pics of the crusty floorboards,inverter,outlet,and overall truck.Take a look-see
You must be registered for see images attach
Still needs a radio,and since the PO hacked the dash up with hammer and shoved the radio in I will have to clean that hole up a lot with a grinder.I plan on bedlining the floor,since all the trapped moisture under the carpet that was there is what caused all this rust.I won't be bedlining the floor until the doghouse is done,so it will just be repaired and prime until the doghouse is in.

Rock

Farmer Rock

Reaction score
Here's the outside of the truck.The bed is coming of,and I might just leave it ******** with a gooseneck a toolboxes for now.Not sure.The bed that is on here is a real hack job.whoever built it welded the stake sides like 8 inches in from the side,so it's only 6 1/2 foot wide in between,which is only 6 inches more than my pickup.The "fenders" are just a piece of angeline with a lot of welding rods.
That is my little buddy Borus,helping me out.If antibodies intrested,he is a great pyrenees.

Once the bed is removed,I will be installing it on a hay wagon running gear that needs a bed,which is one of my many projects.

Rock

Farmer Rock

Reaction score
Here's the outside of the truck.The bed is coming of,and I might just leave it ******** with a gooseneck a toolboxes for now.Not sure.The bed that is on here is a real hack job.whoever built it welded the stake sides like 8 inches in from the side,so it's only 6 1/2 foot wide in between,which is only 6 inches more than my pickup.The "fenders" are just a piece of angeline with a lot of welding rods.
That is my little buddy Borus,helping me out.If antibodies intrested,he is a great pyrenees.

Once the bed is removed,I will be installing it on a hay wagon running gear that needs a bed,which is one of my many projects.

Rock
Stupid auto correct,anybody's not antibodies.:backoff-cuss

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I plan on bedlining the floor,since all the trapped moisture under the carpet that was there is what caused all this rust.

Make sure to use a good epoxy primer first. I learned the hard way that herculiner is somewhat permeable. The floor where I primed seems mostly fine but the rockers I didn't aren't quite as nice and rust bled through after a year or two.

Farmer Rock

Reaction score
Make sure to use a good epoxy primer first. I learned the hard way that herculiner is somewhat permeable. The floor where I primed seems mostly fine but the rockers I didn't aren't quite as nice and rust bled through after a year or two.
I will do that.Thank you for the heads- up.

Rock

TNBrett

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you know, if you swap the 6.9 back into the bus, and make it driveable, you could probably turn it around and sell it off to someone else. Someone is liable to scoop it up as a "Skoolie" project.

Farmer Rock

Reaction score
you know, if you swap the 6.9 back into the bus, and make it driveable, you could probably turn it around and sell it off to someone else. Someone is liable to scoop it up as a "Skoolie" project.
That crossed my mind at first,but there are some other parts I want to keep off the bus for spare parts,and I definetly want to keep the 6.9 for a future project.As nice as it would be to get back a little money,I think I would rather have the spare parts.I appreciate the ideas though,keep em' coming.thanks

Rock

Stu Bailey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If antibodies intrested,he is a great pyrenees.

Rock

You mean if anyone’s interested in what breed? Haha looks like a great helper! What’s the doghouse you are mentioning? I missed the last couple posts and I just read your previous about a doghouse. Sounds interesting!

Farmer Rock

Reaction score
You mean if anyone’s interested in what breed? Haha looks like a great helper! What’s the doghouse you are mentioning? I missed the last couple posts and I just read your previous about a doghouse. Sounds interesting!
Lol.I hate auto correct.
Since the engine I'm swapping in is an inline 6,it is much longer than the IDI,so it will sit in the cab a little bit,and the doghouse is just a cover so there isn't just a big hole in the floor with an engine in the cab.here is a pic.
My truck has the cut out to install the doghouse on the firewall,so all I have to do is cut it out,then bolt it in which is nice.Since my truck shares the same chassis as the bus,everything should be bolt in.

Rock

Rock

Stu Bailey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ahh I see now! Just my noob 2 cents thrown in. But I get the picture now. This project sounds like a pretty big one, you have a nice shop where you’re doing the work? Hopefully it’s heated, this winter might be a cold one in PA...

Farmer Rock

Reaction score
Ahh I see now! Just my noob 2 cents thrown in. But I get the picture now. This project sounds like a pretty big one, you have a nice shop where you’re doing the work? Hopefully it’s heated, this winter might be a cold one in PA...
I will be doing most of the work in an unheated post and beam barn,mainly due to the size of the truck.My shop is 25x30x9,so it's perfect for smaller projects,but bigger ones have to be done in the barn.You are right about it being a cold winter here,we have 12" inches on the ground..:eek:

Rock

Va_Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will be doing most of the work in an unheated post and beam barn,mainly due to the size of the truck.My shop is 25x30x9,so it's perfect for smaller projects,but bigger ones have to be done in the barn.You are right about it being a cold winter here,we have 12" inches on the ground..:eek:

Rock

Sounds to me like you need to build a 2x4 and poly enclosure to get the truck in while it is in the barn. Then you could have a little heat and make your life a whole lot better while working on this project.

nelstomlinson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At the risk of going totally off-topic, what is your Pyrenees personality like? Does he have to be fenced in, or does he stay close to home? Is he a barker, or does he keep quiet when the moose come around at night? I have 20 unfenced acres and no livestock, and I've been looking for a beast that will be happy to stay close to home, and willing to hang out with me and the wife.

Farmer Rock

Reaction score
At the risk of going totally off-topic, what is your Pyrenees personality like? Does he have to be fenced in, or does he stay close to home? Is he a barker, or does he keep quiet when the moose come around at night? I have 20 unfenced acres and no livestock, and I've been looking for a beast that will be happy to stay close to home, and willing to hang out with me and the wife.
My property is completely fenced in for livestock,so it's not that he has to be fenced in,just that he has been his entire life,but I have no doubt he would do great if he was property trained on unfenced property.When your hanging out on the back porch drinking ice tea,he will crawl right up on your lap to say hi.He is the best family dog out there,and the best guard dog.He will put a couple junk yard dogs to shame with the bark that he has,and if there is something or someone that's not supposed to be here,he will get rid of them in a hurry.He has a great personality,and he knows his purpose is to protect and warn everybody,and he has no trouble doing that.I highly recommend these dogs to everyone.FWIW if there are two things I don't mind talking about,it's my dog and my trucks so no worries of getting off topic here:Thumbs Up

Rock

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I have had very little interaction with Great Pyreneese dogs. From what I've had, I can also say that those dogs were very friendly and they barely knew me.