The 12th Annual Michigan Fall Rally is ofically ON!

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
ATTENTION. Because of new ownership you must call to make your reservation by AUGUST 3RD! THEY ARE ONLY HOLDING OUR SPOTS FOR ONE WEEK!

We are doing it again this year! Lori and I are Honored to host the 12th Annual East Lake Camping Oilburners Fall Get Together! (AKA Big Ed didn't make it to the Rally, Rally)

Where: Eastlake Campgrounds, Hopkins MI. http://www.eastlakecamping.com/

When: September, 20th to the 23rd . Most will come in on Friday the 21st, but we will be there Thurs the 20th for anyone that can make it that early.

Who: Whoever wants to attend, With or without an IDI or a Diesel for that matter, Bring what you can bring, Jeep Grand Cherokee, Volvo Wagon, Bike,..whatever,.

Why: Because it is BOGO! Buy one Night, get one night Free Camping! cant beat that!

This is an event that Lori and I have been putting this on every year just an excuse to have a laid back camping weekend with friends. No events are planned but we usually end up blowing something up and giving us something to fix, Making a Junkyard run to the local Pick and Pull, or go to my shop to fix whatever we broke.

Right now I have 8 campsites, on hold for the group. There is a Cabin and a Rental Trailer that are available as of now as well. THESE WILL BE HELD UNTILL AUGUST 3RD, Please get your reservation in ASAP

Here is the number, 269-793-7177 .When you call in please let them know that you are with Darrin Tosh and the Ford Diesel Truck Get Together.

Address is
East Lake Campground
3091 Weicks Drive
Hopkins, MI 49328

If you have any questions or suggestions please let me know! and also let me know asap who is able to attend.

Hope to see ya there!

Darrin

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
So far we have

on Campsites:
Darrin Tosh
Ron Butts
Mike Telking
Don Grantham
Jason Moyer
Travis Pruitt

John Geese in the Cabin
Laurie Schlipp in the rental trailer

So as of now we have one campsite left, they are holding it untill the 3rd. If you are thinkng about coming to this event please let me know asap as I can have them hold a couple more campsites. They have another 3 total that I do not have on reserve for us.

Thanks Yall!

compressionignitionrules

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this would make a great weekend retreat for me and the boss after the kids are back in school. sept 20 is even our anniversary. :frustrate I let my passport lapse after your new leader got in. I've even been watching a pop up camper on kijiji down to $1200 now.

only 5hours...... :dunno

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
8 hours (if we don't stop) and right at 500 miles.... man, that's tough with the kids for a weekend camp. Dang! Haven't made this rally and Missy and I would love to see the whole Michigan Mafia crew again. It's been too long. But, I don't think logistically it will work out again this fall.

Sorry man.

Heath

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
this would make a great weekend retreat for me and the boss after the kids are back in school. sept 20 is even our anniversary. :frustrate I let my passport lapse after your new leader got in. I've even been watching a pop up camper on kijiji down to $1200 now.

only 5hours...... :dunno

Wow, if you guys could show up we could call it an International Rally!! Thanks for considering maybe you can do it next year!

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
8 hours (if we don't stop) and right at 500 miles.... man, that's tough with the kids for a weekend camp. Dang! Haven't made this rally and Missy and I would love to see the whole Michigan Mafia crew again. It's been too long. But, I don't think logistically it will work out again this fall.

Sorry man.

Heath

Yup I totally understand. That is a lot of traveling for a 3 day weekend, That's why you should make a week out of it! Just a suggestion.. We certainly miss seeing you and Missy, Hope we can get together soon.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
With Nick and Tina signing up, it looks like all of our campsites are now sold out. If anyone is thinking about it please contact them ASAP as they have a few other campsites that are not on hold for us.

Or just let me know and I will ask them to hold a couple more for us for a few days if you need more time.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again!

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score

Sorry man.

Heath

right there with you on distance but i can say i love this rally, we always try to go a little longer than a weekend. it is a great time of year to camp though, the weather is cooling down a little and the fire really feels good warming you up. if you forget your jacket Darrin is even nice enough to give you one of his to hold you over LOL

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like a great crowd. Changing jobs next week has officially screwed me out of coming this year. Just can’t swing the time off. Hopefully next year.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Just over a week to go! Looking forward to seeing everyone. Time to dig out the 5th wheel, Last time we used it was for this shindig a year ago LOL.!

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
looks like you have a big group to fill the place this year, i look forward to seeing the pictures!

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
The PFRTJ should be behind me. Vacuuming her out, getting ready to load up and head out.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
What a great weekend. Keyara and I almost had an uneventful ride out. The altenator locked up 15 minutes before we got to the campground. No problem, cut the belt and ride around the rest of the afternoon on battery power alone and stiff brakes. Thanks Don for bringing some tools and helping me do a 3G swap at the campground over the course of Thursday evening through Saturday morning. Thanks Darrin for assisting as well. I got to run around Michigan in Sarge and got to take Sarge out for a spin as well. What a cool little ute. I broke my GP controller so that got replaced as well and I cleaned up some wiring while I was in there.

Saturday Darrin treated us to a private collection of OBS trucks and old Broncos. The display was awesome and the guy putting it on was very approachable and personable.

Saturday evening we had a cookout. Thanks Jason, Don and his mom, and everybody else for a great dinner and evening around the campfire.

Thursday afternoon I ran into somebody I know from a firewood cutting page, 760 miles from home in a shopping center parking lot. He wound up stopping by the campground Saturday evening and I bought 6-8 vintage chainsaws off of him and got to know him in person for a couple hours. What a small world! I never imagined someone in Michigan saying "Hey, is your name John?" as I'm walking across a supermarket parking lot!!!

There were a large amount of dog lovers present. Most of the dogs got along pretty well and amused their owners as they played with each other.

Sunday morning we packed up the cabin and walked down the hill to have breakfast and say our goodbyes. A morning campfire felt nice as we had our coffee. Food was abundant and many campsites had breakfast to offer.

We went south west into Indiana to pick up a parts tractor and I scored a couple of saws there as well. Right now we are approaching Pennsylvania and topping off our tanks for the last leg home. Keyara took over the wheel soni can get some rest as I will be leaving for work as soon as we arrive at home.

Pics of the event to follow.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Members online