TaxaFornia bill AB5

BeastMaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the one aimed at Lyft and Uber to force drivers from independence and force them to be someone else's employee.

How is this affecting the independent trucker here? I remember well the last whammy about forced retirement of perfectly operational machines that many of us worked to buy and were a retirement investment.

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
More prk
OH wait screwsome wants us to pay to import some more sanctuary denizens!
Phawk this place!

BeastMaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have some more stuff on other states who don't pass their own law, but enforce another state's law ( in this case, California CARB ) .

I live in California. A bit South of Los Angeles. We have unique topology here, atmospheric temperature inversion layers formed by our terrain, like a bowl in a mountain range, which necessitates rather draconian air pollution mitigation. Our native Indians called this basin the "land of many smokes" as they saw the smoke from their fires would hang around for a long time, trapped in the basin's temperature inversion layer.

But does it make sense to enforce this on everyone else?

I found this on one of Mike Adams sites and reposted it here for general discussion as well as share with the community some of the stuff that won't stay up on mainstream media.

One question I wish I could have asked Towcat... Were his tow trucks banned due to having two stroke engines? I remember what happened in La Habra when the city put stop lights all over Imperial highway, a major East-West trucking route, forcing all the big rigs to stop just about the time they finally came up to speed. Yet the highway was also full of zippy little cars that were impatient with the acceleration profile of a loaded heavy cargo truck.

The hapless truck drivers did all they could to make the best of obeying law to stop, and trying to keep up with the flow of traffic of zippie-doo sports cars.

Looked like pure coal dust coming out of those engines as they strained, trying to bend the laws if inertial physics.

Last edited:

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you really want to understand AB5, google Mike Rowe AB5 and listen to the podcast entitled “The Ballad of Tom Odom”. It’s a really good listen.