Tapping sound on my 7.3 idi

mustangmalibu

Reaction score
Hello all,
I've been working for months trying to find out what this knock in my engine is it starts as a tapping as it gets warmer it starts getting louder and louder and louder if you drive it long enough it sounds like it's going to throw a rod. I posted on this form before and I got the same usual answers. It's an injector bad injector, etc. It has a brand new injection pump, brand new injectors straight from stanadyne cost me five hundred bucks. And for the life of me I cannot find out what this tapping that turns into a knock is. I've been working on it for 3 months now it's about to put me out of business. Every time I take it to a shop they don't know either unless I give them $500 to investigate. And drop my truck off for a couple of days which I cannot do because I have a business that revolves completely around this truck. I haul horses all over and facilitate horseback riding all over the place in Central California. I have read every posting every form everything you can possibly imagine. Over and over over but to no avail it starts as a small tap but that's only after it warms up when you first start it and it's cold it's runs perfectly. Like a brand new engine. Then after it reaches about a hundred eighty degrees it starts with a tap and gets louder and louder and louder. The engine has 48,000 miles on it but was sitting in a truck in a field for about 10 years but it is a brand new engine the truck was covered. Anyway I'm about at my Wit's End and I need this truck desperately so if anybody can help me I would certainly appreciate it thank you...
P.S. I tried to upload a file video and it doesn't work. Says the files too large. It's a 30 second video I will continue to try to upload one.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

mustangmalibu

Reaction score
Thank you sir. I thought it might be that too, but I had other people telling me it was a fuel knock.
Any advice changing those?
I have a whole other engine.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Members online