Tail Light electrical issues

ISPKI

Welding/metallurgical engineer/Metalsmith
Reaction score
Hey guys, my co worker told me that I have no tail lights at work today. I checked them when I went to lunch, all I have is my passenger side turn signal, nothing else is working. I know my reverse lights wont work because I just finished a ZF5 swap and havent figured out how to wire them, but I cant figure out why my brake lights wont work and my driver side turn signal doesnt work. I started troubleshooting my brake lights, switch on the pedal functions, continuity remains consistent after the hazard light plug as well. I checked the wire at the light at the back of the truck and it has continuity to ground at all times, not sure if thats normal.

Does anyone have a circuit schematic for a 94 F250? I cant seem to find one for it on google.

ISPKI

Reaction score
I "think" I narrowed down the issue. I had the Red/Grn Stripe wire short out somewhere behind the aluminum pedal assembly bracket. That is the large (10ga?) wire that supplied power to just about everything in the cab that needed power. I have routed a new large gauge wire to bypass the area of wire behind the pedal bracket until I get the time to pull the pedal assembly out and replace the shorted piece of wire. I had not yet connected the section of the power supply wire that feeds into the back of the fuse panel in the cab. From what I googled, Fuse #13 and #17 are for the rear stop lights and I know fuse #17 has continuity to that red/grn stripe wire that shorted so I will try and splice my new power feed wire into the fuse panel and see if that solves my issue.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It could be the turn signal switch. Not sure how everything runs on an OBS. On an earlier truck it screams turn signal switch.

ISPKI

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not sure if the brake lights run through the stalk or not, I didnt think they did but I dont have a schematic. I ran a wire to supply power to the fuse panel in the cab and now my brake lights work, however, now my turn signals do not... Not sure how or why they decided not to work but that will be my next check.

Do the turn signals required a separate power supply apart from the one powering the fuse panel?

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On the older trucks brake lights and turn signals are on different fuses I believe.

ISPKI

Reaction score
I see. I think my turns are working again. Got my tach working by routing that power feed as well which is exciting considering the zf5 swap from my old e4od.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bsthomas21

Members online