T444E turbo wheel?

orcas tow

Reaction score
I have a 2000 IHI 4700 tow truck with the T444E, it was a dog pulling, I installed a 4" exhaust & then an Edge EZF1000 module which plugs into the ICP sensor.
Works great, lots more power, more low end torque but on a long hard loaded freeway pull now I get turbo surge at around 17psi boost.
My 2001 Ford F-550 7.3 did the same surge after chipping it & I installed a different turbo wheel (Wicked Wheel/ a 94-97 Powerstroke wheel, little different design from the 2001) & the surge completely went away & still have more power than I can use.
I'm wondering if anyone would know if the Ford wheel would work in the IHI or if there is a IHI wheel that would help eliminate the surge?
Thanks for any replies.

orcas tow

Reaction score
Follow up, I found the IHI & Ford had the same casting number on the outside of the cold air side of the turbo so I took a gamble & bought a Wicked Wheel.
It fit perfectly & solved my turbo surge, EGT's are under 1,000 & boost gets up above 22psi with great power compared to stock.

spg

Big Red
Reaction score
What was the casting number on your turbo housing? And what number wicked wheel did you use?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online