T444E 4" Downpipe

spg

Big Red
Reaction score
The 4" downpipe for the 99-03 Ford 7.3 pickup fits. Now on to fitting the rest of the 5" pipe back to the rear axle.

spg

Big Red
Reaction score
The rest of the exhaust is on now. Everything is tucked in close to the frame back to the rear axle. Seems quieter with the exhaust back away from the cab. First road trip with the trailer of the summer coming up, looking forward to less cab noise so we can enjoy the stereo.

spg

Big Red
Reaction score
Exhaust update

I completed the exhaust change this spring. The 4" downpipe from the Ford 7.3 PSD p/u worked fine. Added 5" straight pipe back to the rear axle with a turndown. Exhaust noise in the cab is lower. Performance is not noticably different. But with no way to test directly it would only be a guess. I pull a 28' trailer and the truck has a 24' box on it with a combined weight of about 25K. Any improvement in the mileage and pulling power helps.

Captain Morgan

Pipeline Mechanic
Reaction score
For what it is worth, I built my own using some left over parts from another job and used a 3' straight pipe and noticed no gain in performance. Now to keep the fumes from choking me to death I installed two 66" tall 5"id stacks and really like the sound but thats all it feels like I have gained.