swap from TTB to solid D60 front axle ??

912504x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 1992 F-350 single wheel Dana60 I ordered came in today. I hoped it would have the tie rod assembly etc. but it isnt there. Can I use the TTB steering linkage ? Can I use the TTB track bar? What about the rubber brake lines? Is the front driveshaft the same? How about the front leaf springs and hangers?
I also noticed that the swaybar was bent on the Dana 60 so can I use the TTB unit?
Will the 60 be taller and create a little lift or will things stay the same?
Are there any other things I am going to run into during the swap out?

The yard has another 1993? F350 front D-60 for sale... $400.00 minus one side axle shaft brakes and spindle. 1-800-545-8885 from a Dually with 4.10-1 gear ratio.
It is located near the south west corner of Wisconsin or the north west corner of Illinois so if you live close you may save on shipping.

Thanks,
Eric

Roland_Jenkins

Señor Member
Reaction score
You need the trac bar and mounts off the 350.
Tie rods off the 350.
There is also a plate that the U bolts bolt to under the drivers side of the axle that you need.
The drive shaft will probably have to be cut and shortened.
Your brake calipers should work.

zigg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yup, and your springs from the ifs are probably reverse arch, and won't work well with the D60. You need the D60 springs too. The only way to use the steering linkage from the ifs is if you get a drop pittman arm or you'll have bump steer.

Zigg :)

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, you need some more stuff. A complete donor truck is nice, but we all know that ain't always the case. The track bar and sway bar are different than the TTB stuff. The mount/plate for the driver's side spring/ubolts is needed (as mentioned above). The springs from the F350 would be a nice plus. That will give you a little leveling of the truck as the TTB springs are usualy straight or sacked out and covex. The front driveshaft will be and issue. It will hit the tranny crossmember. I used the F350 crossmember and had enough clearence. Others have used the F350 front driveshaft with the double cardan joint. The double joint moves the shaft forward and clears the crossmember. But, to use the F350 shaft, you need the front T-case yoke as well. That adds a little more work to the coversion. If you can get the clearence with just the F350 tranny crossmember, your stock driveshaft will work.

There are some pictures of the drive shaft issue in my webshots gallery starting on page three or four?

Heath

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Staff online

Members online