Sucessful night at the Truck Pulls!

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Exekiel69 said:
Well done, i couldn't do it, still have to learn how to pull. Are all the trucks automatic there? or you can run agains anyone?

Exekiel.

Hey EZ, My truck as well as My Brothes are both Autos, We put them in drive and let them shift.

About 1/2 of them were sticks, and I think they ran in Low range on the t-case, and second gear, depending on what there gear ratio was.

But you need a Good Clutch ;Sweet

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
Good Job Darrin I would like to make it to a pull like that the one we're usually at they use a NTPA track and sled so its very sticky and very heavy and a lot of trucks break

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Way to go Darrin! That's the way to show em'. The last IDI I saw pull was Jerry Miller, and he went into it knowing he had a weak clutch, and made a very embarrasing and stinky pull. I'm kinda with Aric when I say that track and sled look quite different from what I'm used to seeing.

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
Darrin Tosh said:
Thanks for yer support! ;Sweet

We did get our runs on tape, and will be posting them in the next couple of days for your viewing pleasure.

I gotta go and see when the next pull is,.....

;Sweet ;Sweet Sounds like someone is "HOOKED" :D :thumbsup:

Wicked kool feeling isn't it!
The IDI dun gud!:cheers:

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Darrin, How much weight was on the sled?

I don't even know, It was quite a bit because we ran right after the Super Stock Tractors, and they added quite a bit of weght for them, and didn't take any out for the trucks.

I have a call into the people that put it on tosee if I can get the results, when I hear from them I will ask them what the sled weighed.

Good Job Darrin I would like to make it to a pull like that the one we're usually at they use a NTPA track and sled so its very sticky and very heavy and a lot of trucks break

We were fortunate to have a sort of dry track, and loose dirt. It definatly helps in the "not breaking stuff" department. It shure made it dusty though.

It seemed that I still had more traction than power, right at the end of my run my tires weren't spinning, and the Touque Converter was taking the brunt of the RPM's you will see that on the video when I get it back and figure how to post it.

Way to go Darrin! That's the way to show em'. The last IDI I saw pull was Jerry Miller, and he went into it knowing he had a weak clutch, and made a very embarrasing and stinky pull.

Yup, you have to have a real good clutch if you have a stick, and then pick the right gear. I think having a stick is a disadvantage when pulling, because you cant shift, You have to pick a gear and go.

With an auto we just put it in Drive and let it shift, and with my tranny it shifts real quick, so not to loose any forward momentum. It allmost went into 3rd, and probablly would have if I hit the throttle harder, earlier in the run, and got a little more speed.

Sounds like someone is "HOOKED"
Wicked kool feeling isn't it!

Yup, I do want to try it again, well see if I can pull it off, Lori is only gonna be gone till the end of the week,... :D :backoff

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well Darrin, it would be a bit of a drive, but this weekend is Diesel Pickup night at The Buck. Pulls, drags, and tug of war (not to mention garden tractor pulling).