Sucessful night at the Truck Pulls!

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
I didn't break anything!

We had a great time, there was about 23 trucks that pulled in our class. Ken was there ant pulled a 266 with his dually, My Brother Dave pulled a 261 and left a LOT on the table. He started wheel hopping just into his run, and let out of the throttle, then got back into it. It would have been an awesome run! Oh Well,....

I had a real solid run at 246, It was a smooth run, the tranny shifted into second, and stayed there. I wish I would have hammered the throttle a little earlier than I did. It would have held, and get up more speed, but that's how you learn. I was the only IDI there, and I beat up on some of the stock strokers ;Sweet

Ken is will be getting the overall results tomorrow.

Attached are a few pics on mine and one of Dave's trucks.

That was a ball, and I will do it again! Thanks for all of the help!

Attachments

• Truck Pulls 2.c.jpg
    Truck Pulls 2.c.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 48
  • Truck Pulls 3.c.jpg
    Truck Pulls 3.c.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 55
  • Truck Pulls 4.c.jpg
    Truck Pulls 4.c.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 46
  • Truck Pulls 1.c.jpg
    Truck Pulls 1.c.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 47

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
Nice work! Look at that black smoke roll! Sounds like Big Red held her own. Good job Darrin.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Way cool!!

There was a truck pull at Willow Springs last September...I would have entered my truck, except that she wasn't quite off the operating table yet (still had a few stitches left), so I wound up spectating instead.

Hopefully I can enter my truck this year, if they hold it again...and Darrin just proved that an IDI CAN hack it ;Really

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Darrin Tosh said:
I didn't break anything!

I was the only IDI there, and I beat up on some of the stock strokers ;Sweet
:love:

;Sweet ;Sweet
Gotta luv these trucks! :D
Just goes to show what a little tweaking can do to make em run with the big dawgs!
Good run Darrin, glad to see she didn't fail.

Sure wish I could have been there.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Thanks for yer support! ;Sweet

One of the Highlights was watching a 700HP NOS injected PSD run. It was built just for towing, and ran just for "show",....well he put on a show allright,...He built the boost up, Black smoke came out of his single stack like a Super Stock Tractor, He let her go the tires hooked up and the 10 foot long traction bars bent up like a pretzle while the axle rotated toward the bottom of the truck, The axle came back down to center and the bars straightened out a little, than there was a big bang, sparks flew, the motor overeved, and just like that we had a Front Wheel Drive F250 Superduty.

He broke off the back half of the transfer case!

All of this happened in about 3 seconds! and he made it about 75 feet.
Too bad we didn't get that on tape!

We did get our runs on tape, and will be posting them in the next couple of days for your viewing pleasure.

I gotta go and see when the next pull is,.....

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Well done, i couldn't do it, still have to learn how to pull. Are all the trucks automatic there? or you can run agains anyone?

Exekiel.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've never pulled, but I've been told that if you stop within 50 feet or something like that, they'll pull the truck back to the start and let you try again. So, if you know you picked the wrong gear combination, you can try something else out...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Staff online