strange starter issue

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
speaking of them not replacing the solenoids.

i got a new starter this morningfrom napa and guess what?its the same freakin starter i had replaced a month ago!!!i didnt know this till i put it in tonight.i looked at the studs on it and they were burnt from being shorted accross to start the truck.if i knew this i wouldve told them to give me money back on it.i would have done it in the morningbuti needed the truck to move a few cars tonight so i had no choice but to put it in.if it does it again im going to ford for a new one.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
smokin_stroker00 said:
You are probally right by saying that but let me add this.Replacement batteries,starters ,and alt. will never last as long as the original because the truck is not new anymore. You will have to crank longer to get them to start, the wiring doesn't have as good as connections anymore,ect all resulting in extra work for them electrical parts.

I'd have to disagree with this statement. My truck is the most un-new around, and it's just as reliable as the day I bought it. Perhaps even more so. Granted, you won't find Delco starters on the shelf anymore (and mine is 23 years old), and it's not so much because they were bad starters, it was that they drew too much current when the voltage dropped off, and would fry more easiliy than the mitsu's. I've got a rebuilt alternator on the truck, that is so old I don't remember when the original unit failed. It still fires off within a rev of the crank. In short, age is not an excuse for poor maintanance, or trying to go on the cheap with inferior parts.

82fordtruck

Reaction score
I completely agree - my truck is nowhere near as nice as mel's, but it is very reliable. I always go with motorcraft parts, and they just don't fail as often.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Members online