Stick to the damn topic when posting

cheap bronco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have read countless of post and most of which have nothing to do with the original question or post. Example. Y-pipe collector leak post, page 2 changes to talking about timing and injectors. I dont give a damn. Stick to the topic or start your own post. Use your brain and use common sense. If you are not capable of either one then just read, very simple

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today I decided I’d eat captain crunch instead of mini wheats for breakfast and I regret it because I can’t get the taste out of my mouth

Selahdoor

How can I help you, or make you laugh, today?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think this thread wins the internet for the day........
I agree.

That said... I agree just a bit with the OP.

It's complicated.

I think it IS useful, to stay on topic. As much as possible.

But I also KNOW that if you get too **** about enforcing that, you stifle the forum, by stifling conversation.

We need the forum... For the valuable information we can share with each other, to keep our rigs going...

But if we insist, with an iron fist ruling, that all threads be kept only to the original subject, we kill the very forum we need.

The vital information we need, and share, is the blood of this forum. Being allowed to participate in conversation, is the heart that pumps that blood.

And this goes for any other 'rule' of any forum, that **** people and Karens usually get their undies all in a bunch about...

A forum is a living thing.

When you stifle creativity and freedom, you strangle the forum.

Some other day, I'll discuss how if you let 'freedom' grow, without adding responsibility, you also kill your forum...

It's a balance.

And IMO, this forum is perfectly balanced...

stick_witch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In all seriousness though, I totally agree/disagree.

I think Selahdoor put it well, it’s a balance. Strict enforcement of speech leads to stifling of conversation and speech.
Yes, this is a technical forum, but more than that its also a place for like minded people to get together and find other like minded people and bond over a similar interest.
In that, there has to be a balance between formal, technical conversation and informal conversation, and that is a balance that can’t be forced or enforced, but persuaded by collective free will by those participating in the conversations that make up this forum.
When you feel a particular thread of interest has gone off the rails, bring it back by adding to the conversation or by asking a question. That would be the adult thing to do. Theres really no need that I see to enforce/stifle speech on this forum, and there typically never is unless there is a mob of cursing trolls and behavior that is very disruptive and off topic, but you just don’t really see this on here.
Like Selahdoor said, I think this forum achieves a near perfect balance. Of course its not always perfect, but I think thats a very unreasonable expectation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmustang1965

Members online

No members online now.