Stanadyne vs Delphi injectors

Gotta-B-Ford

BOOTLEGGER
Reaction score
Put in a new set of Delphi injectors w/promar long block 2 yrs ago (11k)3 mo ago started missing at start up then rough idle even after warm up.No fuel leaks or air in system any input would be great!! and sorry its been so long sense ive been here.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Either types will work fine but... Buy a set from Mel (agne) or Russ (typ4) and only the BB codes... I'm running a BB set from Russ and they are great... I had a set of G injectors and they can't compare to the BB injectors... The G codes were for the emmissions proglems that year... I really didn't like them at all... I even ran 2 differant sets of G codes... Never again that for sure...

dansvan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Delphis dont seem to have a letter code on them. I typed the part number into google and they came back as turbo 94 models. So those are the G's? What is the Delphi number for the BB?

Gotta-B-Ford

BOOTLEGGER
Reaction score
I have a 94 w/factory turbo the stanadyne #781535 is what i pulled out of the old engine the delphi box # is 6760301 is this same as g code? and how is the BB code better for a turbo engine than the G code?Agnem rebuild these or?

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
All G code injectors were designed to pop at around 2100 lbs... They were designed for the high emissions of that year so they are "differant" from the injectors that came before them. I feel they just can'y measure up to the BB injectors that I have used. I had Stanadyne new G code injectors and they didn't give me the clean burn nor the higher performance the BB give. Now maybe if we increased the pop pressures on the BB to oh say 2200 lbs... What would we have.....:sly Russ... Are you thinking bout this....:sly:sly

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BTDT

When you do that they act like a g , the pop pressure matches the timing of the pump. raising it really retards it.

I tried it and it didnt work.

Gotta-B-Ford

BOOTLEGGER
Reaction score
So you are saying even with the turbo the BB injectors would do the best job but would the DB2-5069 pump have to be set to those BB injectors for proper timing? And if the BB injectors would work with my pump without mods would the timing stay the same?

Last edited:

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BB will work fine, you can just set the timing after installation. or if you like the way it runs, and you will, leave it .

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Sounds like the BB will pop lower which will have the effect of advancing your timing, which if you haven't manually advanced your timing for the new fuel already, will make your truck run better ;Sweet How much it will advance it, I don't know, probably not a whole lot, but I'm sure enough to notice.

The Delphis work fine, they do not use a letter code, they use a number cataloging system, I can't remember what it is, a little searching could find it.
as far as 'letter code" preferences, if you plan on running any alternative fuels such as biodiesel, WVO, WMO or anything else thick, stick with the injectors with the higher opening pop pressures and adjust your timing at the pump.

Black dawg

Reaction score
all the injector changing ive done has never shown more than a degree of timing change.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Members online