Source for new injector nozzles?

danda

Reaction score
Can any of the injector rebuilders (or anyone) comment on where to obtain new nozzles these days?

Also, I'd appreciate any insights on what causes an old nozzle to become leaky, and what if anything can be done about it.

Big Bart

Tow&Slow
Reaction score
Danda,

I have looked around online but not seen anything. I did not call the rebuilders but they might be willing to sell just parts. Let us know I know several of us would like to experiment doing so.

One challenge with injectors and pumps is lubrication. The Fed had sulfer and other chemicals removed/reduced in diesel and our pumps and injectors where thus not made for modern fuel. So a additive is needed to help extend the life. There are other reasons why injectors go bad like dirty fuel, cheap fuel filters, water in the diesel, etc.

FYI the Ford manual explains how to rebuild injectors but to your point no one seems to advertise the parts online.

Here is where you can find the suggested suppliers for injectors who may offer parts. If so let us know.

danda

Reaction score
Thx Big Bart.

I found some source(s) for new nozzles. So the nozzle out of my original Lucas/Cav is a 6801036.

Searching on ebay, I found a lot of 4 for $37.98 + $12 shipping. So a bit less than $100 for 8. These appear to be from a factory in Hong Kong.

On Aliexpress, I found them selling for around $7.20 apiece with $4 shipping, so about $62 for 8.

I also found this lot of 12 for $48.60 + $16 shipping so about $65, or about $5.40 each delivered. The only thing is that the picture is different and they seem to be selling various different injectors in the same listing, but clicking on "6801036 GYM" doesn't make the picture change -- and I'm not sure what "GYM" is about. It's probably the correct nozzle but would want to confirm with seller first.

There are some other listings on aliexpress as well. Just search on 6801036.

edit: one might be able to obtain them for as little as $1 apiece buying in bulk at alibaba.

I hope that helps someone.

Last edited:

danda

Reaction score
I haven't tried looking for shims/spacers yet. If anyone finds them on ebay or aliexpress (or wherever) please post here.

Black dawg

Reaction score
I would buy more than 8 of what ever nozzle you find, pretty likely some wont be worth using.
Get some injector cores for shims, and not all are interchangeable between different branded injector bodies.

danda

Reaction score
yeah, that's why I was thinking the lot of 12 looks nice.

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Be interesting when you get them and installed, to see how they spray when Pop testing them.

I guess the best we can get is the stuff coming out of china.
No one else makes them.

Goat

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
There's this place called Diesel Fuel Injection Service in Portland, OR, that has a lead on getting nozzles, they just started going through a third party vendor, since they can't get stock ones anymore. Unsure on who/where they are made.

danda

Reaction score
There's a nozzle casing with a single hole in it, and then there is a needle (pintle) that seats up against it. I guess it leaks/drips when either the hole or the needle have an irregularity.

I assume the hand lapping would be for the needle against the nozzle hole. But the needle only sticks out the back of the nozzle a little bit. I'd be curious to learn how this is done.

Black dawg

Reaction score
In my experience I wouldnt lap a new nozzle, if it doesnt pass, either run it and hope it wears in, or pitch it. The sets that I did were cheap chinese nozzles, with nothing else readily available at the time. Very few looked like I wanted them to when tested, but ended up running them and most would get much better. Ended up pulling them and re setting them after about 1k and all was well.

The actual oem manufactured nozzles would still have some that didnt pass, and I would just pitch them and grab another nozzle, but over all would set up much nicer.

rreegg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just curious, does anyone actually run the $7/injectors from aliexpress, or just use them for parts to reman? I wouldn't trust those at all but just my 2 cents