So what did you do with your truck today?

Dane Rickford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
finally got my valve covers that i ordered last year.
also picked up brass return caps.
only problem is...
i cant get the engine in the MANchero to grenade :(

You must be registered for see images attach

Well hey, if the MANchero refuses to grenade, let me know and I can help put the beautiful engine to a good use;):rolleyes:

Golden Helmet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 1 year old batteries were toast, but i half expect them to be just fine tomorrow when I go back to the dealer tomorrow for my refund.
CALLED IT!!!!!

Actually, one of the two came back as bad. The second one they said came back to life, so I can't warranty that one. And because I "bought" my new set, that effectively means I have a third, useless battery and i'm out $150.

Or that's what they want, at least. They wouldn't let me talk to the manager today, but you bet i'm gonna have a talk with him in person. This isn't the first time Salinas Valley Ford has screwed me, but this absolutely will be the last time I ever give them a nickel. If they don't fix this, ya'll will see it in the name n shame soon.

Before it goes there though, am I being unreasonable? It's my understanding that you never mix-n-match batteries from different brands, CCA's, or age. If there's a warranty issue with 1 of the 2, you warranty the set. Am I right, or am I the unreasonable one here?

The old battery has a build date of 11/19, so it's only about a year old. But that set of batteries were absolutely mistreated and abused, I don't want that battery back in my rig. If one "good" battery at full charge can't at least slow crank an IDI, it DOESN'T WORK.

ComatoseLlama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My engine swap drags on.... tried and failed to get the engine in today, couldn’t get both the turbo and motor mounts to fit. Had to walk away before I got too mad lol. I have the trans partly pulled which should make it easier.

That’s my dads Baby blue 1971 c10 under the sheets, it’s a looker!

did I get lucky with this sheared flywheel bolt or what...

It feels like I’m climbing a mountain! Boy am I tired.

Any tips for shoehorning the engine in there would be greatly appreciated.

A little PSA: the victor reinz oil cooler seal kit off rock auto does not come with the right gaskets. I sadly didn’t realize until after the return date

renjaminfrankln

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My engine swap drags on.... tried and failed to get the engine in today, couldn’t get both the turbo and motor mounts to fit. Had to walk away before I got too mad lol. I have the trans partly pulled which should make it easier.

That’s my dads Baby blue 1971 c10 under the sheets, it’s a looker!

did I get lucky with this sheared flywheel bolt or what...

It feels like I’m climbing a mountain! Boy am I tired.

Any tips for shoehorning the engine in there would be greatly appreciated.

A little PSA: the victor reinz oil cooler seal kit off rock auto does not come with the right gaskets. I sadly didn’t realize until after the return date

Ah wish I could have saved you the trouble on the oil cooler seal kit. Had that same issue

miles1400

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@ComatoseLlama im not surprised the rock auto kit didnt work. the parts i have gotten from them have been crap. i would recommend if there is a International trucks dealership near you to try and get the oil cooler seals from them because they would probably be the best quality and they would be correct (hopefully)

gnathv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are your engine mounts attached to the motor? If you set mounts in frame are you able to bolt to motor after set in place? This would give you a little more room. Also the angle of the dangle plays a huge role in this, do you have a load equalizer on your cherry picker or just chained. Once you have angle right push in lower, push in lower until it sets in place. You are right to put it up for the night when frustration exceeds production. Take a breath, look at everything and see what’s hanging up and work it through. Sliding transmission rearward might be the key. Good luck with it.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
A little PSA: the victor reinz oil cooler seal kit off rock auto does not come with the right gaskets.

Ah wish I could have saved you the trouble on the oil cooler seal kit. Had that same issue
Well the issue is definitely on their end. There's multiple listings for Victor Reinz, Fel-Pro, and even one for Mahle. The Victor Reinz and the Fel-Pro listings both have right and wrong gaskets, depending on which link you actually click on and buy. This is according to the pictures. In the old days, I would have called up and tried to straighten them out. These days, since you can't talk to a person, I couldn't find a place to try to say that something is listed wrong.

ComatoseLlama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my *** kicked by it today. Engine is in place for the most part, only 1/4 motor mount bolts are in place at the moment, need to get it squared up.

Also, I cannot get the trans to slide in for the life of me. Anyone know a secret? I have the tcase on, using the 800lb harbor freight trans jack. I’m think I need a new jack.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tottripp

Members online