Snail gasket glue?

saburai

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi All!
I'm noticing that the snail gasket seems to be getting pushed out a bit. I'm assuming that it's leaking boost. Question: should I have used RTV or some other sealant?

saburai

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I yeah, that's what I was thinking. I wish that the ATS manual had mentioned it. It was detailed enough to instruct me to lube the o ring. There's no way I'm getting it off without pulling the turbo:confused:

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I yeah, that's what I was thinking. I wish that the ATS manual had mentioned it. It was detailed enough to instruct me to lube the o ring. There's no way I'm getting it off without pulling the turbo:confused:
I would try to clock the compressor housing out of the way before pulling the turbo

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I personally wouldn't use any RTV, just get a new gasket/oring.
if you remove the pedestal bolts and down pipe you should beable to get the snail off.

saburai

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I personally wouldn't use any RTV, just get a new gasket/oring.
if you remove the pedestal bolts and down pipe you should beable to get the snail off.

Well I started with a new square cut O ring from Russ and it popping out. It seems to me that if I'd used some form a gasket or something, more than likely, it'd be ok now. In regards to the repair, I'm thinking that I'll have to unbolt from the crossover and the exhaust manifold as well. Isn't the up pipe seated pretty firmly?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86