small batch WMO centrifuge setup opinions

tmills213

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I am slowly sourcing free or cheap parts to get this setup going and I keep getting in my own way. I don't have a ton of room and didnt really want to run a 55 gallon drum. I picked up a 32 gallon air compressor tank today for $20. I will be running a pa bio centrifuge powered by some shurflo electric pumps I got. They are 100psi at 1.8ish gpm. (should be perfect). My initial thoughts were to use one pump and valve it so it goes from recirc or from another smaller tank for filling. The smaller tank would be pressurized by air when filled with raw oil so that I could force it through 2-3 water filter housings before entering the pump. My thoughts were that this would help keep it cleaner and not damage the pump from contaminants. The fluid would be heated by a water heater element shoved in a 1" iron pipe and be inline instead of into the side of the tank.

As I was building I just started second guessing myself and wonder if I should be doing it a different way...

You must be registered for see images attach

steelheadguy

Registered Idiot
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any way will work as long as you filter, settle or centrifuge. Use what you have and try to minimize the labor, time and energy used.
Im still designing my setup but basically I plan on heating, adding Gasoline, settling and then eventually adding a centrifuge.

I just found clean 55 gal barrels for $15 a piece and a 200 gal truck bed tank with a pump for $200. I put an ad on craigslist and have phone numbers in my email for near 1000 gallons. All collected from a week on craigslist.

What kind of filters are you going to use? What microns? I havent figured mine out yet.