should i get a 6.0 or a 6.8?

BleednBlue68

Ford Country!
Reaction score
That kind of mileage is not bad at all for a 7.3. I bought my 99 last Feb with over 242k on it and now I have almost 263k on it. No probs at all except the AIH solenoid was stuck on and drained my batteries in 15min. Most people get rid of the AIH and be done with it. Other than that no probs and still bringin 18mpg! Good ole truck!

superduty12v

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im goin for any of the 7.3s. if they dont work out ill go for any superduty i can get my hands on.

BleednBlue68

Ford Country!
Reaction score
I love the superduty's. Lots of room inside compared to the OBS style. I do like the OBS though too since it is cozier inside. My dad has a 97 F250 ext long bed 4x4 with the damn 460. Very nice truck, no rust, but its got a gas motor. I told him he needs to get a diesel but he hates them other than the Ford tractors. There is an OBS cc long bed 4x4 with lift but I dont know if its a gas or diesel. Very nice lookin. Im thinkin its gas since the price tag is only $2500. Lots of aftermarket stuff available for the superduty's. There are lots of nice superduty's around here that I drool over.

superduty12v

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah im lookin at an OBS now and 2 superduties. i hope one works out. i really do i want a ford so ******** bad hah

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
yeah im lookin at an OBS now and 2 superduties. i hope one works out. i really do i want a ford so ******** bad hah

You have to make up your mind. First you were looking at IDIs, then 7.3,now 6.0 and V10s. How about you just stick with what you got and save some money, instead of buying a 200+k truck that is going to nickle and dime you.

How long have you even had the cummins?

superduty12v

Full Access Member
Reaction score
your right i gotta make up my mind lol i just want a damn ford. and your right i should probably keep it. my father keeps drillin this in my head. what you need is always there. what you want is always in the way.. i ruled out the 6.0. theres 2 7.3's one v10 and one IDI left to check out. so im gonna keep siftin through. im gonna see what happens. hopefully by june ill be drivin a ford.

BleednBlue68

Ford Country!
Reaction score
Just find a Ford with a blown up motor and do a cummins swap. Best of both worlds. If you dont do that go with a superduty. ;Sweet

superduty12v

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i found that too! haha. i found a mint AZ truck in CT that the guy pulled the 7.3 out of to do a cummins swap. he never got back to me about it but i would buy it in a heartbeat. id probably have to have my dad front me the money for it. but the only way id be able to do it is if he had his powerstroke engine still, id just have to put it back in. cause i cant afford the conversion kit from destroked to do the swap after buyin the truck.

65sixbanger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wait... So why are you getting rid of your dodge? That makes no sense to me. Trade a truck that is proven to last, for a truck that seems to be a hit and miss. And by the way, I have helped with a lot of head gasket changes and the damn 6.0, Cab has to be pulled. Royal PITA. You must bleed ford.

My 24v has 300,000 miles. Never done anything to engine other than Injection Pump. and its not like mine is unique, most dodges will last this long while being worked. Also its got around 400 horses. And 22.5 mpg on highway

superduty12v

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im not gettin a 6.0. im gettin a 7.3 OBS or superduty. and id keep my truck but the truck around the engine sucks. im to the point where i dont give a **** anymore and im gonna check out the last of the fords i gota look at and if nothing works ill beat the hell out of the dodge till i graduate.

65sixbanger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I cant figure out why everybody says Dodge trucks suck. This is my second and all my buddies have them and most people around here. Rarely does anybody have truck problems. They are only crap when people dont take of them and abuse them. IMO all truck bodies will last the same, just depends on the owner.

superduty12v

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats true, but it really depends on where you live. im in the northeast, and in CT they started using spray down brine on the roads now. that **** eats metal. like brake fluid lol

superduty12v

Full Access Member
Reaction score
and they dont suck, i misspoke. theyre sub par to other designed trucks. ride wise and interior wise.

BleednBlue68

Ford Country!
Reaction score
Well since you are keepin yer dodge, atleast you will have a good motor layin around for a sweet project truck. I have more friends that drive Dodges than Fords and they even say the rest of the truck isnt as good as the Fords. Cabs, frames, drivetrain is better. But everything wears out on any truck you got. Today I got to see a big ole Ford rescue a Dodge today. It was a 1 ton dually Dodge pullin a 2 car hauler. I dont know what happened to it but the guy had to unhook and he sat in our parkin lot in the truck ALL DAY! Finally a 1 ton Ford dually hooked up to the trailer. The Dodge was still sittin there after we left our shop at 7pm. He was under the engine doin somethin. :D

superduty12v

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im not keepin it just yet. gonna check the rest of the fords out. a curveball got thrown at me yesterday.. a mint. and i mean mint. dmax