Shell Rotella DFA Is The Best......

BRONCO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Diesel fuel additive I have ever used in my 03 Chevy Duramax. I have used Power Services, Longer diesel life, and a few others. Shell is the only one that improved my milage. Shell is the only one that made the ever to common precombustion rattle go away completly. I really think this stuff is the ticket.

ISurvivedNMU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Send me some, I will test it out for ya.......

Seriously, Im going to send in some fuel treated with different additives and see what comes back....

I can add shell... if your interested....

BRONCO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just go up to Wally world or wheever and buy some. Try it in your truck. Tell me if you notice what I did. Better milage, smoother engine, less engine noise. All the other additives I use to ran seemed to be working. This one really does. Just try some. It is cheap. By the small bottle. 32. OZ at WalMart or if you hate Walmart they sell it other places.

ISurvivedNMU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The reason I have stayed away from it is because it causes water to fall from the fuel.... Which is good if it falls in your filter... You can drain it there... BAD if it falls in your tank... No drain... Thats why I am hesitant to try it..... I know, once wont hurt, but what if I like it...LOL

BRONCO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the problem withe the demulsifyers is the water issue. A tank drain would be great. Do you have any idea how close to the bottom of the damx fuel tank the pick up is? I wonder how low you have to run your tank before all bottom debris/water will be sucked up?

Theoretically the Racor water separator should actually work better if you use a demusifyer.

I just checked my milage. It was 16MPG combined city/highway/towing. That is absolutley the best combined milage I have ever obtained. I will monitor this next tank of fuel closely. The engine is noticably quiter. That one funny rattle that sounds like preignition/detonation on a gas motor. That noise is gone on my dmax ever since I started using the Rotella DFA additive.

John R

Reaction score
Originally posted by BRONCO
03 Chevy 2500HD 4x4 EC SB DA Summit White Bridgestone Revos 265/75R16 Edelbrock shocks Banks Monster Exaust.

NOTE TO SELF: NEVER SEND HOOT A PRIVATE MESSAGE!

OK, I just have to ask, why not send Hoot a private message?

BRONCO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Because when he either talks about the content with other members or post the priavate message in a public forum, well then it will no longer be a private message.

Plus after you send Hoot a PM he becomes your friend or something. Or stalker?

ISurvivedNMU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL, Has hoot buddied up to you Bronco?

I bought a just of your wonder additive.... I will add it to a base fuel sample and see how much better it turns out... Let you know how much of this is in your imagination........

BRONCO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ISURVIVED,

What type of diesel fuel additive testing are you doing?

ISurvivedNMU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im just doing a fun, semi scientific testing of the fuel in my area.... working with a semi local place to do the testing.... and for fun, I am treating some of the fuel and seeing what changes in the results.....

BRONCO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you tried the Shell DFA inyour truck yet? What additive do you run?

Geno

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im like survived I worry about the water fall out in the tank, before long there would be a slug of water hit the filter at once and may go through.
Geno

BRONCO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Takes us back full circle to the tank drain I am working on.

ISurvivedNMU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bronco,

I use Power service, I know, I know, it does nothing with water, blah, blah, blah...... But it seems to work well for me so far.....

The tank drain to me seems to be... wel... just one more thing to go wrong.... And I do a lot of driving... Sometimes in very rural places... were with my luck, the drain would start leaking...LOL... Sometimes I don't have the best luck....

It is funny how there have been diesels around for very long periods of time... and most get by without additives.... I think they help..... But are they needed?

BRONCO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ISURVIVED,

The tank drain is taking me a long time because of the reliabillaty issues you suggested. All aircraft have tank drains. The trick is making it affordable and easy to install on a DMAX. Sevear modern vehicles do have tank drains. GAS and Diesel. It was probally just one of the many cost saving issues to not include this feature.

As far as Power services is concerned. I like it because it is available in many locations. it is affordable. I have used it a bunch. I have got to tell you though, I noticed an immediate differnce when I switched to SHELL ROTELLA DFA. I do not usually get on a band wagon but I am positive this stuff is every bit as good or better than Primrose or fppf . it is a worthy contender.

As far as water is concerned, I am not concerned. Water is very rare. I do keep a gallon of Power services 911 water remover in my truck at all time. It is for serious water contamination only. It is bad for your truck and not to be used as a preventative maintenace of any type. It is for emergencys only.

I use additives for the better combustion and the extra lubricaty. These are the silent killers if you ask me.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FordLTDiesel

Members online