Sensor data for a android app I'm making

idiambulance

Reaction score
The factory guages are questionable at best so no harm there. Just think it would be cool to keep a stock looking dash but still have accurate info
I am trying to keep both the original gauges and the app. I have tons of space where ambulance components were originally installed. My plan is to install two phones with different screens both displaying sensor data. "two is one and one is none"

Reggie f250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are speedometer cable adapters that go inline to output an electronic signal for the computer in older cars. I think they were in 90s cars and trucks. They retained the cable for the speedometer until they had electronic speedometers.

Azidiguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are speedometer cable adapters that go inline to output an electronic signal for the computer in older cars. I think they were in 90s cars and trucks. They retained the cable for the speedometer until they had electronic speedometers.
The trucks like ours that had cruse control had an eletric deal the cable plugs into. Also 87 and up rears had a speed sensor on the ring gear that can be tapped for a speed signal

idiambulance

Reaction score
Good to know. I was able to get the app to work with internal sensors on the test phone. Thankfully that sensor is easier to read. Also my speedo is about 5 mph slow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Members online