1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sag Pump Conversion Problem

Discussion in '6.9L IH & 7.3L IDI Diesels' started by crash-harris, Jun 1, 2020.

1. crash-harris

crash-harris Breaker! Breaker!

I finally got around to installing my E350 7.3L power steering pump bracket to use the GM ham can and a pump from a '93 E250 with a 4.9L (AZ/Endurance part# 7075). It turns out, the diameter of the shaft is larger than my dual v-belt pulley. I have a pump from a '90 E350 with an IDI arriving today (AZ/Endurance part# 7085). I'm just curious if I'll run into the same problem here, or if I need to just get a different pulley. None of my searches return any info or availability on a PS pump pulley for a v-belt IDI with a sag pump.

So to anyone that's done the swap, what pulley did you use?

2. crash-harris

Looks like there's no difference between the 2 pumps. I ordered a 300-121 pulley, so I'll be waiting another day for that.

3. crash-harris

I've installed, removed and installed pulleys and pumps so many times that I'm very close to lighting it on fire...

The 300-121 for a GMC truck with a 350 can only use the outer of the 2 grooves. The single groove pulley that was sent to me with the bracket is so bent that it looks like fan.

So does anyone have a part number for the van v-belt pulley? I'd rather have a dual belt pulley, but I'll take a single belt pulley at this point...

4. crash-harris

Bump?

5. chillman88

chillman88 Supporting Member Supporting Member

Are you on FTE at all? They have a guy on there that has all the old parts books and usually can dig up a number.

6. Scotty4

Scotty4 Full Access Member

NumberDummy is the guy you are looking for.

chillman88 likes this.
  7. crash-harris

I am not. Honestly, I only really visit here anymore as far as forums go.

I guess I'm going to attempt to cross reference the Ford part number on the bent pulley when I take it back off.