Rust PREVENTION

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
:rotflmao Guys guys guys, you are doing this ALL wrong. All you need is a leaky truck to avoid rust! Preferably the power steering, yes; But the other oils work as well. :D The under carriage of mine has been coating itself from the leaking power steering as long as I've had it, not a bit of rust! ;Sweet :rotflmao

Unfortunately he is right...... LOL If you have looked at the Morning thread, you will have seen I have been looking at the dirty side of my VW A LOT here lately..... the car has 303,*** miles on it currently. The engine does "sweat" a bit of horsepower (not too much, it really doesn't have a lot to spare LOL) and the IP has been leaking the last couple of months. The engine is offset to the passenger side of the car.... the entire passenger side of the car has very little rust. When replacing the control arm I only had one rusted fastener, and it was the swap bar link out next to the wheel..... everything else was nice and oily. But, look under the drivers side, there is a rust..... nothing on that side to leak for undercoating.......

Buddy of mine just did an auto to manual conversion for someone on a 98 Cummins...... NOT A SINGLE RUSTED FASTENER!!!! Truck had been completely "undercoated" by the Cummins......

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bump
Looking for stickies for the tech section.

detroit

Reaction score
A few products come to mind. Many people are using fluid film. I personally have used Castle Endura. Another interesting product which is extremely messy is KEL Black Oil. It is basically spray tar. I think used engine oil is probably the cheapest however.