1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

running wtf ( or waste transmission fluid.)

Discussion in 'BioDiesel & Alternative Fuels' started by nhwrench01, Oct 6, 2019.

1. Natehimself36

Natehimself36 Registered User

Awesome good for you! I love my ultimate force fuge. Some guys only do one or two runs at a slow rate ( 3 gph) give or take a gallon. I do multiple. I keep running it over and over until i get very little sludge from the oil. Lettting it settle a month or two helps a lot.

2. YJMike92

YJMike92 Full Access Member

20191125_140613.jpg if I were at the shop today I'd be hooking her up.

3. nhwrench01

nhwrench01 Registered User

well, things are f/n cold here in N.H.,, so, no more running on wtf. I can and have thinned the oil with diesel before, but its a toss up on how much to thin it, as to how cold it is,,, and id rather not starve the pump or stall out, so I just run straight diesel for the winter..
    But, I would love to get a "fuge" set up. just to much $$ right now, I do let my wtf set for months, then run it through a 1 micron sock filter .
    not that I have tons of money, but the way I see it, my truck was stock, non running and most likely not maintained well when I bought it, everyone says the pumps should be changed by 150k or so,,injectors also.. I have 180k now, bought it with 140k on it and its going strong, so if I experiment with wtf now, when I replace everything , ill be good to go.
    On a side not, I have mixed my wtf with gas. very small amounts. about a 1/2 quart to 5 gallons( if I remember right). .. maybe its to much,maybe it was to warm that day, ect,,, but 1/2 way to work(22 miles one way). the truck started skipping , chugging, then stalled,, all with in 3-4 seconds. I switched to clean diesel and I started in afew .. maybe it was me or not, but I will never use RUG again...

4. YJMike92

YJMike92 Full Access Member

I have let all my WTF and WMO sit for long periods and it amazing what settles to the bottom of the barrel. It is a good way to get rid f a good amount of contaminants. The one-micron filter should catch the rest of the harmful stuff. Seeing what settles out was the reason I decided on a centrifuge. I'd rather be safe than sorry.

saburai likes this.