Rumor of a Baby Duramax?

Discussion in 'Rumor mill' started by rebel_horseman, Oct 12, 2006.

1. rebel_horseman

rebel_horseman Rt. Wing Extremist

Has anyone heard anything about a baby Dmax going into production to fit in the sheetmetal of the '07 GM redesign? Me thinks it would be a 6-cyl similar in displacement to Ford's mini-Stroke.

2. Max Power

Max Power Registered User

I think they'll stick with a V8 but smaller displacement. I doubt you'll see it until 09. 08 at the earliest.

The first one to market with a nice reliable diesel that gets 30mpg will have a winner. It could make or break GM and Ford right now IMO.

3. bigoilburner20

bigoilburner20 Full Access Member

hahah wow that would have been a good idea

4. 92F350CC

92F350CC Ford Man

I've been told recently that they're gearing up a plant in New York for the production of the new V6 duramax to be put in Tahoes, Burbs, and 1500s.

5. ford390gashog

ford390gashog Full Access Member

6. bigoilburner20

bigoilburner20 Full Access Member

if we had money we could buy one from over there but i dont feel like spending 10 k

7. G. Mann

G. Mann Full Access Member

I'm so glad all the bailout money is being put to use to make American jobs.

Since Government Motors is now owned by the taxpayers can't I just have one sent to me?

8. Diesel_brad

Diesel_brad Dunce

Actually GM paid back the loan earlier this year.

But it is nice to actually produce something here to be exported, instead of the other way around

9. Kevin 007

Kevin 007 Full-floater

Any recent new on these baby diesels?? Fuel is up about a dollar a gallon since this thread was started and now its even a more relevant topic!

I hate new stuff but with todays technology we could be building a little v6 or big four cyl diesel to produce fair power, reliability and excellent mileage. Let get it done GM, Ford, Dodge. Cmon!! I would even buy one and im a dinosaur:rotflmao

10. rebel_horseman

rebel_horseman Rt. Wing Extremist

Ford already produces a 4-cyl turbocharged diesel for use in the Ranger platform trucks in overseas markets. The idiots at the EPA and their regulations make it not feasible for Ford to get the engine available here.

Mahindra had plans to get their little diesel available for the US market that was to get 30+ MPG. When they got it ready for EPA testing with all their emissions crap, the truck got just barely over 20 MPG.

The 2006 Duramax 4x4 trucks could garner 23 MPG easily but with the installation of the DPF crap, economy dropped to around 18ish. It wasn't until the addition of urea injection that fuel economy went back up slightly.

So you can thank your gooberment for a great deal of the fuel economy problems in this country.

11. Kevin 007

Kevin 007 Full-floater

Bastards! They are in bed with the oil giants, no doubt. Makes me sick:puke:

P.S, LOVE your avatar pic!!!;Sweet