Rough idle

vegas39

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I bought my truck, it idled great, hot and cold. I didnt have problems with it idling when hot until I put new injectors in it. I also had some injection pump problems, at least I did until I bought my baby moose.

I was told by a local shop that I had a weak lifter, so when my head gasket blew, I replaced lifters and rockers, still the same issue.

Hammerdown had the same problem after changing out his original parts, although I think his was pump related but it sounds like he still has days where his idles a little rough also.

I guess I should see what Russ would charge to rebuild my original Stanadyne injectors.

CAPT CHAOS

Reaction score
I'm am having the same problems. 1994 7.3 IDIT with 210k, when it first starts it runs rough and you would think there was the need to call the fire department if you saw the amount of smoke it produced. Then once you get in and go, it clears right up and runs good and relatively smoke free. Till it sits for a couple of hours and you start it up again, then the same thing all over again. I've got to get under the hood before winter comes...

Chris

ldoc94

Reaction score
i have an 85 6.9 and it starts right up and will run fine but while going down the road it will pulse. somtimes it will speed up and sometimes it will slow down and it will only do this when it is cold at first i thought it was water in fuel but we had a warm snap and it started to run and drive fine now its back to its old tricks again. i would love some help and imput on this matter. this is my daily driver and i need her runnin right.

Brandon Crislip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Chirp... chirp.... chirp.......I love how you wait and watch and finally get courage to reach out..... than... chirp..... chirp crickets!!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online