Road and wind noise elimintation !!!

JohnBoyToo

Reaction score
Yeah, the diesel makes noise, the A/C fighting the 100 degree weather is loud, but wanted to stop the road noise coming in around the door....

Saw SOMEWHERE someone suggested taking vinyl tubing and inserting it in the weather stripping around the doors...

10 minutes per door and it was DONE !!!

And it stopped it completely...

My only caveat is they suggested 3/8" tubing and it made my door closing a LITTLE too tight...
migt try 1/4" to start and see if that solves it first...

REAL easy to do...
home depot has the tubing...
get 20 foot lengths or MORE... took about 15 to 18 foot per door...
on the inside of the weather stripping are "weep holes"
I snipped one of them a little larger, squirted some soap and water mix down there
inserted one end and started pushing...
took a bit of squirts into other weep holes as it got around the 3 corners, but eventually stopped...
cut that off, went to the part where stopped and started another length !!!

Worked great !!!

(maybe one day I will do HER side - for now - mines quiet !!! :yes: :beer:

kudos to whomever's idea this was !!!

bedwards

Reaction score
Did this mod on mine, best thing I've done. Now if I could just find the rattle gremlin in the driverside rear that comes and goes. I like a quite interior.

BE

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is this done with the seal installed, or did you remove the seal, add the tubing, and reinstall ??

This sounds like a real good idea.:thumbsup:

Oh, and does this work for 85 Fords and 89 Dodges ??

Thanks.

Last edited:

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
This sure is great timing. I was about to ask about the air and road sounds creeping in near the top of both driver and passenger doors. I think I will give it a try with 1/4 inch when I get home from Canada next month....

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
So.. I installed some 1/4 inch tubing from Home Depot. It really works great. Now I hear wind noise from the window seals so things are getting better all the time. Now to figure out how I can cut down the new to me noise from the window channels...

zpd307

Reaction score
MIDNIGHT RIDER;280432 Is this done with the seal installed said:
pull the weather stripping from the door and lay it flat on the floor. use some fish tape or similar and push it through. connect the end of the fish tape to the tubing and pull the tubing through the weatherstripping. i suggest latex tubing, as vinyl gets hard in cold weather and with age. i used latex on my 03 and it helped a lot.

Oh, and does this work for 85 Fords and 89 Dodges ??

Thanks.
this will work on any vehicle. look into the quote, for more of my answer, i messed something up.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88