RLDSL

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by OLDBULL8, Nov 23, 2013.

1. RLDSL

RLDSL Diesel fuel abuser

I have to thank ya'll for all the kind words.I have to apologize for just up and dissappearing ( I know theres a few folks out there i need to get up with ), but when my wife got sick, iI really didnt take it well. I was putting up a good front, but in reality I was in a pretty bad place there for a while top that off with being swamped with med bills to the point of being shut in ( even WITH insurance that pays at 90% :eek: and it wasnt a good mix. Heck, up till a couple weeks ago I hadnt even started my truck for over 6 months, and I got talked into welding up some structural equipment for my kid's music school and that kind of got my head screwed back on ( you know what they say about idle hands :rolleyes: it's hard enough for me to get around on a good day anyway ( I have a particularly nasty rhumatic disease , Ankylosing Spondylitis where all my joints fall apart and the bones grow together where they arent supposed to) and this winter with the constant gray damp cold wasnt helping a blamed thing
    Tara still has to take some strong medicine for 5 years and keep going in for scans and there's been a few scares so we are not taking a single day for granted.

Finally getting some projectects dusted off , we finally finished digging out a 41 chevy my son is working on and it's up on the lift right now getting gutted and we started sandblasting today, we relocated my old winch into my carhauler and I picked up 20ft of 2" square tubing for a new winch bumper for the f350 to fit a nice pierce 12500 winch ive had laying around so I
    ll get pictures going on that as it progresses
    and have a few other interesting projects waiting in the wings for the truckbut they are going to take a while
    We've been trying to buy a house way out of town to hopefully cut down the expenses and stress levels ( we used to be out in the county where we are, but urban sprawl has taken over) hopefully know soon if offer goes through on that

i'm having to swipe my kid's computer temporarily, mines still on the fritz, and I have it gutted trying to figure it out, ....15 lb sledge is next on the list :D not in too big a rush to fix it, want to get out and start tinkering more ;Sweet

Life goes on----Robert

riotwarrior likes this.
  2. icanfixall

icanfixall Official GMM hand model

Hello robert. Very glad to see you posting again. I can't put into words how I know you feel about a wife being sick. I have walked that mile more times than I like to recall. I often wonder how much more I have to endure before it lets up. then I see someone else and the weight of the world on their shoulders and I see I have no room to complain. Wish I could help with the computer but thats not even close for me to offer any real help. Seems everybody knows more about them than I do. Glad to see you back and things are looken up...:thumbsup::thumbsup:

3. OLDBULL8

OLDBULL8 Good Morning Ya'll. Supporting Member

Hi Robert; Glad to see you up and about again, been wondering what was going on. Although I've never met you, seems like were old friends ever since the RV fix up years ago. Tell Tara she has my prayers, you too. I know what it is to be a Caregiver to a sick Wife, it gets very stressful at times. My Wifes brother had the same thing you have so I can relate to that. Take care and don't start pushing yourself too much. Post back whenever you can.
    I've lost all my email addresses or I would have been in touch.

Bill E.

4. mohavewolfpup

mohavewolfpup Diesel Wolf Puppy

Robert: You had the emachine right? If it's still giving you problems, I'm more then willing to take a crack at it. Only problem is i'm flat broke. I'd request you to pay shipping both ways. Everything in the middle is free after that point. No charge for time or anything. It's the least I can do to help. I wouldn't mind helping you or riotwarrior, but you both are so far away!

Take care, I hope your wife gets better. say hi to her for me!

5. trucknorris

trucknorris Full Access Member

RLDSL let me know if I can do anything for you. I can fix your kids PC -- i got bunch of spare parts if needed. Call me anytime.

6. pontoonrob

pontoonrob Supporting Member Supporting Member

Its Roberts laptop that is having problems,(overheating),talked to him the other day and offered him an extra desktop I have. He is in the process of buying a house,so he might be a little busy for a while!----Rob

7. trucknorris

trucknorris Full Access Member

I sent him a text. I can fix that too... It's probably software (causing prolonged high cpu), in conjunction with heatsink blockage and thermal paste drying out.

8. icanfixall

icanfixall Official GMM hand model

Thanks guys for the update on Robert. I always enjoy reading his posts. Meeting him out here a few years back and helping work on his rig was a great day too.

9. RLDSL

RLDSL Diesel fuel abuser

Ive got one of those confounded Toshiba Qosmio x-305 laptops, that, like all of them, the video board started going south 3 days after the warranty was up. I yanked it apart hoping it was just dust buildup or dried up thermal paste, but on these things it is generally a bunch of surface mount componants that have got weakened solder joints that go tweaky the moment the things warm up after a while and the only cure is to take a heat gun to the video board and heat it to the poit of reflowing the solder without cooking the thing.. I havn't got brave enough to try that yet, but I figure I will someday as the services to do it cost as much as a replacement board

Sorry Chris, I didnt get your text, my phone is all messed up, texts are getting sent to outer space somewhere. We're madly trying to get closed on this house near Bee Branch ( and cleaning out this monstrosity to where it'll fit in a single floor 3 beedroom house :eek: Ive about lost count of how many trailer loads of stuff we've given away ) It's got to citified around here for our tastes. It was bad enough when they paved the road, bt all this developement lately is insane
    I'm gonna like it out there, only one neighbor, he;s got a nice older f350 ... and from what I understand, he told the real estate fella where to get off when asked to clean up his vehicles :rotflmao we're gonna get along JUST fine :D

10. mohavewolfpup

mohavewolfpup Diesel Wolf Puppy

you could try (at your own risk) the old trick of drying out electronics after water exposure? Take the board out and place into a oven, at a low heat. 200/250 or so. Keep a eye on it. maybe that does something? More control I'd imagine then a overpowered hair dryer

11. FordGuy100

FordGuy100 Registered User

Was thinking about Robert the other day and his custom AC setup, and noticed he hasn't been on in years. Anybody heard from him?

12. 79jasper

79jasper Chickenhawk

Not in awhile. Maybe on sdd? I can't remember.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

13. DaveBen

DaveBen Supporting Member Supporting Member

I see him on SDD every once in a while. He is good, I think.

14. pontoonrob

pontoonrob Supporting Member Supporting Member

I have tried to call him a few times,his christmas picture of the family was pretty cool.

15. riotwarrior

riotwarrior Supporting Member Supporting Member

Robert thanks for update....dont forget...family is chos3n too and you have CHOSEN to be a part of this family....so never forget that bud.