Rims, tires and/or chains. Index area, Washington.

Selahdoor

How can I help you, or make you laugh, today?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am in the Index Washington area.

I need better tires for getting through the snow. And for other reasons.

Ok, first of all, I bought my truck from a kid. He put 285/75/16's on it. I also have an extra set of the same size. (No rims for the extra set.)

These tires are causing several problems.
*It takes about a football field length to get the truck turned.
*That's IF you have the strength to get the wheel turned. The power steering is kaput. (I have a replacement pump, but do not want to replace it, only to have it killed by these tires.)
*They are almost completely worthless in the snow. They want to ride on top of the snow, instead of digging in.
*I don't have chains for this size tire.

Truck is an 89 F250 diesel 4wd.

Ideally, I would like to buy a set of studded snow tires, on rims already, that are made for this truck. Size 235/85/16 or something close to that.

Lacking that, I'd like to buy 5 rims for this truck. Just the cheapest, old beater steel rims will do.

I am willing to trade all the 285's that I have. They all have a few years left on them, but they are no real prizes...

And I don't have much of a budget at all. Retired. Small, fixed income. So I'm not interested in rims for 100 apiece, the latest bling, etc... What you have, may be an absolute bargain, but if it isn't cheap, I probably can't afford it. LOL

Mulochico

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have 5 16x6 rims in my garage with 235/85x16 BFG all terrain KO tires on them. 4 are dark grey 1 black. 4 tires are worn (a few thousand miles left) one is brand new, never driven on I am planning on scrapping the wheels eventually so you can have them very cheap $15 each (make offer). Only thing is that shipping from Modesto to you would probably kill any deal. I would do the swap, but again the shipping.

Selahdoor

How can I help you, or make you laugh, today?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep, shipping kills that one. Thank you anyway. :) That would be perfect if you were in this county.